Moorley's return to the Starlet Scene (2nd time round)

Had a Starlet 3-4 years ago, was a badass car, broke it for parts, owned a few badass cars since but non of them quite made me smile like my old GT did, so I decided to buy another.

Now I don't know if is just me, or have Starlets gone up in price considerably compared to 3-4 years ago? Anyway i've been looking for a reasonably priced one for a few month's but it was proving difficult, then a work colleague decided he wanted to sell his on and offered it too me for a very good price so....

20160114_210210_zpsa4fslo7c.jpg

20160114_210157_zps03ktcig1.jpg

She's pretty bogo as you can see from the pics:

Japspeed cat back exhaust (cat still present)

Bleed valve at 10 psi and spikes to 13

Airfilter

Bailey dump valve

Lowered on shock's and springs

DMV wheel's

OE aero

Nardi steering wheel

Razo gearbox and pedals

OE armrest

OE parcelshelf speakers

Recaro seat and rail

So far I've removed the Bailey dumpvalve (they sound awful) and plumbed back in the stock recirculation valve, swapped out the worn out recaro and replaced it with my Bride seat from one of my JZX's.

20160116_150447_zpsyqqfh1if.jpg

This car isn't going to be as wild ad my previous GT but what will be done will be done properly and I want it to be very JDM.

I am in 3 minds in what route to go Turbo wise, engine will be staying stock as my budget is limited (buying a house)

My 3 choices are:

Td04

Tf035

Blitz k1

I know Td04 is the easy route as I've been there and done it, but the quicker spool and power delivery of the other two (more so the Blitz K1) are very tenpting. Anyone had much experience with the k1 ?

Aesthetically i think a change of wheel's, front splitter/bumper and a Tom's wing will be all I do.

Will keep this up to date as possible even with the little fiddly shit, cause that's what everyone loves !

Comments and critism welcome good or bad.

Thanks for looking

Car looks clean! Good purchase!

I've had a K1 on mine for a good few years now, used it as a daily for a while too, and I absolutely love it. MANY people have "advised" me to get rid and go TD04 but anyone thats been in with me when the K1 gets going (which takes NO time at all) will attest to how good it is.

Phil.

I havent had mine on the rollers in a good few years.

She ran 183bhp I think, that was on a stock ECU with the decat literally hanging off the studs and some damaged spark leads - none of which we had noticed at the time sadly. There is a graph buried somewhere in the depths of my build thread. I hope to get her back on someday now that those issues have been remedied and a Blitz ECU installed.

Phil.

So I had a dig through my garage and found a few cool bits from my old car:

Braided brake lines

TD low temperature thermostat

JD tuning cooling panel

RW developments battery tie

2 sets of foglights lights

Oilfilter

Silicone rad hoses

340lph fuel pump

20160118_120957_zpsp8apyfxy.jpg

20160118_131020_zpsblu3akj1.jpg

I purchased Amjad's WEPR TD04 setup

received_10156344025465542_zps3col5qxz.j

Today I picked upper an important piece of the puzzle......

20160121_181705_zps4d98wrlf.jpg

20160121_181732_zpsbx0e1m6b.jpg

Also ordered a shit load of bits from TD including

Paddle clutch

Half rad

Turbo related gaskets

EMU field harness

Tial 38mm wastegate

Polybush bush engine and Gbox mounts

Ignition overhaul package

And a few other bits and bobs

Also found a JDM titanium rear exhaust section (backbox) so will get pics of that when it turns up

So hopefully in the next month or so She'll be making me some nice useable power, just need to find me a Gbox with an aftermarket diff and that'll be my mechanical's as I want them !

Edited by Starbo Moorley

Working to a 5k budget on this one including the car which isn't spending too much for me haha.

Ordered a new boost controler and a lightweight flywheel too on saturday

Got some gauge's yesterday that I'm gonna fit and wire in, not going to put sandwich plate on yet, will do that when I pull everything off for the tf035 swap.

Car has a fancy radio with equalizer and a sub which ain't my thing so will pull all that out today aswell.

All the bits I've ordered should be with me end of this week/early next week so once I've had the clutch and flywheel fitted I'll be ready to do the turbo swap !

So did them few bits today, got rid of all this clutter

20160125_123727_zpstzeexysc.jpg

Fitted these, sensors arn't wired in yet put all the wiring in to the engine bay ready though

20160125_131008_zpsx8mubshg.jpg

20160125_151057_zpsastaloza.jpg

Also fitted the slam panel cover I found in the garage

20160125_152652_zpslaoej0av.jpg

Just waiting on all my other stuff to turn up then the serious work can commence!

Kinda stuff I like to hear !

If you don't mind me asking, what figures are you making on the k1 ? Got a dyno graph at all ? only one I've seen is on the comparison graph that socks put up a week ago or so

I run a blitz k1 now

20141212_192506_zpsowuenjr_edit_14184236