Anyone had a glanza that's actually been reliable ?

Just wondering been on the lookout for a glanza for a while now around 3 months just not found the right one, but keep getting put off my mates glanza has been through 2 engines but I think that was a genuinely a shit car 1st engine ate ringlands, 2nd one holed a piston that was his fault on second engine he did hybrid turbo 1 bar standard management a disaster waiting to happen tbh, another lad I know was standalone td04 that had 2 engines in space of 30k.

I want one running just a steady 160/170bhp on ct9 but reliable.

So anyone actually got one that's reliable ?

I bought my current one 2 years ago, I've ran a few different turbo setups and a few different maps (long story).

Only covered around 9k miles in the 2 years but apart from a few small niggles, it's been reliable.

Stay away from cheap rubbish parts and make sure you have it set up correctly and you'll be okay.

I have had 2 glanza v, had no problems at all, the secret is get one with low miles and not been through hell , no engine mods and you will be fine with it for many years, your best bet is to import a good one because there to many nails nocking about now even though some look good but are full of faults.

we had ours at 0,7 bar. stock apart from a FMIC and a filter relocate. ran about 158 horsepower or so.

drove it for 40.000 KM's since we own it and now doing a rebuild because we would like some extra BHP, doing a full forge.

toyota spend a shit load of money on making the car good and replacing stuff with cheap eBay crap just makes it less reliable.

I just sold mine, the forged engine itself was perfect just the 20year old wiring letting the car down, before I had stock engine on td04 232bhp and it never missed a beat

What management were you running? And what was the rest of your setup?

A lot of issues people have are down to other peoples shady mechanical skills, or some knobhead has owned it before and not looked after it.

They can be very relaible cars.

Or they can sit in the back garden for months at a time without an engine :p

Just get familiar with the engine and car and the rest is history.......infact a match made in heaven. When i got my GTT i knew diddley squat about them and

after a few months i was in love with everything about the car. If i wasnt adding or changing something on my GTT i wasnt happy. Make it your own car

and you will not look back.

Just wondering been on the lookout for a glanza for a while now around 3 months just not found the right one, but keep getting put off my mates glanza has been through 2 engines but I think that was a genuinely a shit car 1st engine ate ringlands, 2nd one holed a piston that was his fault on second engine he did hybrid turbo 1 bar standard management a disaster waiting to happen tbh, another lad I know was standalone td04 that had 2 engines in space of 30k.

Black glanza in Bolton thats gone thru couple engines?

FizTurbo.

I've had mine for 5years now, had some bad problems and some not so bad but since forging, all the problems seem to be small. I agree that the key is to ensure a good setup and good map, regular services and it should treat you well!