Marks sr back again + *4-2-1*

Do you know what you used previously? You should be able to upload direct to the forum now, theres an option at the bottom of the reply box.

Failing that, imgur or tinypic can be used to host then just copy the img code in or try the tapatalk app for forum access and direct uploads.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone haven't uploaded anything for a while so there is plenty of photos to share of the progress of the old starlet. Some of you already know that I am doing an itb build with tt600 throttle bodies so there is also plenty of progress on that to share. I will upload photos as soon as I have figured out what to use to upload them.

Edited by JDM_MARK
On 17/10/2017, 18:10:17, westie said:

Hi Mark, I'm after a rear bumper for my silver na, would you be interested in selling the one from your spares car?

Sorry mate going to keep all the parts that i can use for my car 

Onto the itb progress 

The first thing that I wanted to sort out was how I was going to fit the tps to the throttle bodies. I know a few of you have just made an adapter plate and it fits but I don't know why my tps doesn't go on the itb so I was going to look for a different tps but then I thought I will file the Shaft on the itb a bit thinner so it goes into the tps and then just make a simple adapter plate for the different hole patterns. Once I sorted the's two things I put it on bolted it on and found the start of the tps travel.

IZiJ43q.jpg

YAlNowc.jpg

KA90QDb.jpg

BLQR3Py.jpg

The next thing I did was put the itb's on the car using a chopped manifold and rubber hoses. I also got the cable to fit in the standard bracket so at that time I didn't have to make a long bracket for all the cable instead I tightened the cable to the bracket and pushed the extra cable through to the foot pedal. I then made a stop to put on the cable so when I push my foot down it pushes on the stop pulling on the cable. It is just a a piece of aluminium that has got a grub screw in the top and then a bolt on the side pulling the split bush together keeping the cable in.

oxP6McX.jpg

I then plugged everything up and tried to start it and it wasn't starting after standing there scratching my head for a considerable amount of time I noticed a ground wasn't connected so bolted that to the engine and tried again and it fired right up. Did have to adjust the idle but after that it started and idled fine and it sounded mean.

RHipMuA.jpg

X3eBi11.jpg

This setup was only temporary just to get it started and prove it worked then I began building a manifold from scratch. But before that there was one thing bugging me which was when you rev it the throttle pedal is either on or off one touch and it revs right up. I asked others and they said they got used to it but I thought I'd try a way of sorting it out by making my own throttle cable pulley for the itb's out of aluminium.

Edited by JDM_MARK

While I've got a bit of time I thought I'd share a bit more of itb progress. This is where it starts to get a bit more interesting.I left the last upload with the problem of the throttle pedal being too sensitive. I did end up making a pulley and the idea behind this was to try and make the radius of the cable end hole to the centre of the pulley larger .This way it requires more pedal travel to full open throttle instead of the tiny tt600 pulley. Anyway enough talking I'll let the pictures do the talking.

First i turned this up 

97Gm7YT.jpgBYBFsWg.jpggsLXUoy.jpg5NFCWJb.jpg

Then I cut it and filed it

F81xXxJ.jpgicT7Qh7.jpgR1xAB4s.jpgtmuli81.jpg

TT8x5hM.jpgtNB9moU.jpgqfXdHbO.jpg

Edited by JDM_MARK
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all few updates to share on my progress with the thottest bodies. Well I hAve got round to fitting them on my car and had them on for 1 or 2 weeks now and I have had to take them back off as the fuel consumption is just terrible. Don't worry I am not giving up. I have got a wideband that I am going to fit and I am going to need some sort of management. Any way here is where I am now and I included a few machining shots. Thought It would be different.

Y4wveLn.jpg

ZGYjpZG.jpg

DoseO6e.jpgmmA1mLP.jpgrvZ3vVR.jpg

yd2YYJW.png

BvptDUj.pngIBrODv2.png

hj8sN83.jpgIyrqAbJ.jpg
k6SIvim.jpgejbVXAF.jpgbqoOagD.jpgCz41OTN.jpgLKKqgXP.jpgsOPtz9S.jpgY5fBIOy.jpg

I drilled and tapped holes in them for grub screws to lock them on the bodies.

W09M0lI.jpg6EgaXL8.jpg

I also installed the fpr and made some p clips for the fuel line going across to give it a clean and tidy look.

3PYmamj.jpgFwSMSu1.jpggQJ3pBY.jpgVLd2O62.jpg

Whilst the throttle bodies are off I'm going to build a stainless exhaust manifold and then a exhaust all the way back but I'm not sure on what size to go for any ideas. plus any opinions on the build so far would be great. Got a few more vids 2 

Edited by JDM_MARK
  • JDM_MARK changed the title to Marks sr back again + *4-2-1*