• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run the yellowstuff with braided hoses, slotted discs and normal dot 4 on the streets and 2 track days at Sepang circuit and it stops the car with 150hp atw fine. No fade whatsoever.

That's exactly the set up I've got mate and so far it's spot on! Haven't done any track days in the V yet as that will be something for next year. Aiming to have her ready for the track by japfest next year. It's really good to hear about that though mate thanks as I plan on that sort of power level aswell :)

• 2 months later...

Right so it's time for a long overdue update on this. Not been doing much with the car except from driving it and keeping it super clean for the past couple of months. Fitted the new discs and pads and lines. That was the last thing I wrote about. Since then I've dewipered the back. Fitted a new gear knob, done an oil change + filter and the cars had a fresh MOT done. Passed without a single advisory! :D

So here is some pics of the bits and pieces I have done..

Rear before De-wiper..

image_zps1g1fxwfa.jpeg

Used this little bath drain hole plug from b&q pretty sure it was less than £3.00 haha

image_zpsse1chebw.jpg

And literally about 5 minutes later ( probably will be the easiest job ill ever do on the car )

image_zpskswv0gyx.jpeg

I also made the trip along to Japday. Saw quite a few starlets which is always a bonus :D

A picture taken on the day of my car :p

image_zpsisv6drmz.jpeg

I've also been given some detailing advice and was told to try a sealant rather than a wax on a white car and I have to say that Autofinesse Tough coat really made the car pop :)

image_zpstgtd2rtw.jpeg

image_zpsmuho9gza.jpeg

Anyway guys I know its nothing major but its something just to show the V is going strong and still loving it and taking great care of it. If theres anyone up for a local-ish meet soon I'm in Windsor and I'm desperate to meet up with some other Starlets! So give me a message on here or comment and we can maybe arrange something!

Hopefully soon there will be some more exciting updates for you guys :thumbsup:

Cheers guys and hope you're all well!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey dude, just spotted you on jamie_fyd's beaulieu video on YouTube!

Yeah man meant to put that up on here! 😄 Pretty awesome he's a nice guy man! Was chatting to him for a while my exhaust needs to be louder though 😂😂

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

So a long overdue update. Today was a very exciting day, I drove about 90 Miles north to meet tyler, BMX-RIG and bought his Tein Coilovers off of him. This is them here:

image_zps8v5srl6n.jpeg

Although the paint is abit flakey and theres some surface rust they look spot on apart from that. Can't wait to get them fitted.

image_zpsuvkjuwrx.jpeg

image_zps1atdheob.jpeg

Also i failed to mention that a month or 2 back I bought a SARD R2D2 BOV off abbott. Its brilliant and i can't fault the sound it makes. Only just have one question though. Well first of all heres a pic of it:

image_zpsc4w8mno7.jpeg

When its on the car it makes it run quite rough. I've noticed the car also chatters a lot more. I understand i probably need to adjust the spring for the diaphram to be able to open easier. Am i right in thinking its the allen screw on the top here?

image_zps7ngqd2h9.jpeg

Any help would be appreciated guys :thumbsup:

Also I've noticed that Japfest tickets are up for sale going to get mine ASAP hoping to get on the stand for next year aswell :D anyone else getting your tickets sharpish?

Anyways the coilovers shall be getting fitted in January and then I'm wanting to get some new wheels and tires before japfest and possibly some other little bits just to tidy her up.

Look forward to some comments!

Glad your happy with them, i hope theyre all good! :thumbsup: look foward to seeing you about :)

Thanks mate I'm delighted with them! Spoke to Tein when i got home and new bushes are super cheap, around £30 from Japan. Yeah mate well once you've got your V all going and that maybe we could have a little meet up? See if theres anyone else up your way thats keen maybe?

Thanks mate I'm delighted with them! Spoke to Tein when i got home and new bushes are super cheap, around £30 from Japan. Yeah mate well once you've got your V all going and that maybe we could have a little meet up? See if theres anyone else up your way thats keen maybe?

Im glad, that's actually not bad at all, great reference for anyone too :thunbsup: im up for that, know a few that would be up for it too :) just wait for the weather to clear up lol

Well there's a good few starlets in Milton Keynes and I'm not far away, any excuse to actually drive my starlets good enough for me aha

Yeah same for me mate as it doesn't get used daily because I've got a work van! We can sort something out for sure will have to be in the new year though as I'm away back up to Scotland for a week over Christmas and new year to see the family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by sam_glanza_v
  • 4 months later...

So today was an epic day! Started at 10am and only finished a few hours ago. Fitted my coilovers on the Glanza today and new discs and pads on the rear. I honestly can't believe how much better the car looks lower and I'm so pleased with how it turned out! I took a few snaps throughout the day but not too many as I was using my partners dads garage and didn't have all day to be taking pictures! But here is some pictures of it all starting off with the ride height in the beginning

IMG_1224_zpssrtqu9wb.jpg

We completely stripped down the coilovers and rebuilt them and cleaned them up! They are Tein Superstreets for anyone interested! This was them before

IMG_1225_zpsruodjtii.jpg

The fronts weren't looking too bad but the rear body's where really rusty so sorted that out!

IMG_1226_zpsgh9xnxf1.jpg

They looked good whilst on!

IMG_1226_zpsgh9xnxf1.jpg

IMG_1228_zpsid8kxj3p.jpg

And finally a picture of the lovely new rear discs and also the ride height as it now sits! It's roughly an inch maybe half an inch lower than it was before and I love it!

IMG_1230_zpsytivyxyk.jpg

IMG_1229_zpsxz80xhqe.jpg

Not the best picture of the car as it sits, but didn't have my good camera with me! Shall have it on Sunday for japfest and I can't bloody wait!! Now I just got to try and keep her nice and clean for Sunday 😂 Can't wait to be on the stand!

Awesome I started to think you had forgotten about them lol, how did you get on with the bush?

Not atall mate just been super busy with work and that! Fine man the rear passenger top bush has split but it's not a big deal I can get a new one from Tein! They work great though man couldn't believe how clean the threads where! The worst part was the alignment after 😂 Have had to order new steering arms 😂

Not atall mate just been super busy with work and that! Fine man the rear passenger top bush has split but it's not a big deal I can get a new one from Tein! They work great though man couldn't believe how clean the threads where! The worst part was the alignment after Have had to order new steering arms

Did you adjust the height at all? Oh dear Look forward to seeing it on Sunday