spec 2s vs ns-2r vs toyo t1r vs ?????

mark wat do you say for damp /wet roads ( as it always rains ere in ireland ) best tyre

All i will say is ad08r colin, great in the wet/dry and when you get some heat into them on track they are pretty fucking good as well.

Ive got some ns2rs in my shed getting put on tomorrow. I have t1rs atm and they are terrible they are basically the budget version of the proxies. With 280bhp and lsd i still have no grip and the front 2 are bald as they just spin up all the time

NS2R in 180tw have been excellent for me! I have about 1/3 tread on one pair and 2/3 tread on the other left. That's after about 8k miles daily use and 2 track days on them so a very good wear rate. Grip is amazing when warm and still decent/predictable in wet weather. I've never had any qualms about the sidewalls, they feel pretty stiff in XL load rating. For £50/ea you can't go wrong. They've also been brought out in 205/50r15 too

Cons: A little noisy but for the price/performance I'm not complaining

When one pair is shot I'll be trying out one pair of AD08R's on the front, because I've found a cheap supplier. Will be interesting to see the difference

Edited by Amjad

NS2R in 180tw have been excellent for me! I have about 1/3 tread on one pair and 2/3 tread on the other left. That's after about 8k miles daily use and 2 track days on them so a very good wear rate. Grip is amazing when warm and still decent/predictable in wet weather. I've never had any qualms about the sidewalls, they feel pretty stiff in XL load rating. For £50/ea you can't go wrong. They've also been brought out in 205/50r15 too

Cons: A little noisy but for the price/performance I'm not complaining

When one pair is shot I'll be trying out one pair of AD08R's on the front, because I've found a cheap supplier. Will be interesting to see the difference

I need two tyres to go on the front of the 85 and gonna give these a go!

Was gonna get rainsport3 again but 50 profile looks too chunky and i dont wanna drop to 45 and still have 50 on the back.

How come the T1r gets such bad feedback? I'll be honest I always ran them on the 91 and I drove the backside off that car on B roads. Always found them easy to predict and I never came close to losing it. I fancied a change for my new alloys that arrived there, but lack of options in 14" made me order some T1rs again. I don't doubt there will be better tires out there but really thought they were OK

There are loads of options for 14" tyres! all the tyres that are mentioned here come in 14" apart from the parada spec 2.
Uniroyal Rainsports would be a much better option if your sticking to a normal road tyre like the T1r.

How come the T1r gets such bad feedback? I'll be honest I always ran them on the 91 and I drove the backside off that car on B roads. Always found them easy to predict and I never came close to losing it. I fancied a change for my new alloys that arrived there, but lack of options in 14" made me order some T1rs again. I don't doubt there will be better tires out there but really thought they were OK

They're not as good as they're made out to be. And show them even a damp road and they just bottle it. I had a set on my glanza. Never again.

go on ebay, deamon tweaks have a shop on there and also race and rally in italy. All on ebay.

Yeah that's the reason I asked mate.

Can't find R1r or ad08r in 14" even on demon tweaks. And the Ns2r only comes in 185 high profile which is no good

Yeah that's the reason I asked mate.

Can't find R1r or ad08r in 14" even on demon tweaks. And the Ns2r only comes in 185 high profile which is no good

You can get advan A048r on camskill in 185/55/R14 but i doesnt say how much.

The sidewalls in that size dont look bad.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-185-60-14-82V-Toyo-R888-Medium-Compound-Track-Day-Tyre-1856014-18560R14-/370943104177?hash=item565dee94b1:g:Wv8AAOSw8d9UuJm0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Summer-Tyre-UNIROYAL-RAINSPORT-3-185-55R14-80H-/231767399421?hash=item35f669dbfd:g:k8UAAOSwAKxWWcdH

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-Nankang-185-60-R-14-86V-XL-Street-Compound-Sportnex-NS-2R-Semi-Slick-Tyres-/311562337415?hash=item488a8ffc87:g:cjgAAOSwP~tW3opO

If your worried about an extra 5% sidewall on a 185 then your better off sticking to t1r's.. The only reason i can think youd be worried is, wheels are too low an offset, suspension is too low? A 185/60 with straight sidewall is cool in my opinion, proper tyre. i do like the look of a low profile/ stretched tyre but i think this type of function = form ;)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-185-60-14-82V-Toyo-R888-Medium-Compound-Track-Day-Tyre-1856014-18560R14-/370943104177?hash=item565dee94b1:g:Wv8AAOSw8d9UuJm0

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-Summer-Tyre-UNIROYAL-RAINSPORT-3-185-55R14-80H-/231767399421?hash=item35f669dbfd:g:k8UAAOSwAKxWWcdH

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-x-Nankang-185-60-R-14-86V-XL-Street-Compound-Sportnex-NS-2R-Semi-Slick-Tyres-/311562337415?hash=item488a8ffc87:g:cjgAAOSwP~tW3opO

If your worried about an extra 5% sidewall on a 185 then your better off sticking to t1r's.. The only reason i can think youd be worried is, wheels are too low an offset, suspension is too low? A 185/60 with straight sidewall is cool in my opinion, proper tyre. i do like the look of a low profile/ stretched tyre but i think this type of function = form ;)

Well that was my thinking mate, the alloys are 7j so I assumed 195 will be a straight sidewall and 185 would be stretched, which preferably I don't want. The offset should be bang on as works knew the car so made the wheels to suit. But I cannot have any rubbing so again though a 60 profile would be risky? Especially when I will be going a bit lower on coil overs?

I need two tyres to go on the front of the 85 and gonna give these a go!

Was gonna get rainsport3 again but 50 profile looks too chunky and i dont wanna drop to 45 and still have 50 on the back.

You'll like them man, nothing on URS3 in the wet obviously. But dry grip is another level! You'll notice the stiffness of the sidewall straight away too

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd throw another tyre in as I see good things about them. Federal 595 rsr they are in the same price range as the Yokohama ad08r and the nankang ns2r. Anybody use them and are they any good ? What would you recommend out the 3 if you have used all ?