• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks well Jeff and a nice colour too :) I've seen a good few 4dr starlet's now done up looking well

Oh and I sat the missus down yesterday to explain why the GT4 needs 2500£ to fix :) went well,ish lol. Wants a new bathroom first so looking like maybe next summer now

I see your beasts hiding too :)

Edited by SKINY

Hi Skiny, what's wrong with your GT4? Mine needs the BC's fitted and exhaust rehung as I may have twisted since originally fitted?? not sure!

The 5Door is coming well. Will soon cut the paint after front bonnet is painted. Side skirts going on this week after paint. And rear hatch needs fitting too with spoiler and number plate surround. Then have to transfer electric mirror looms.

Has anybody fitted aircon? Love to transfer the aircon from the S.

Let me know how you get around fitting the skirts mate, I don't know how to install them... should I drill through the body or just use silicone x)

Want more pics!!!!

Edited by EP70-PT

I will drill through the body and spray the inside if the sills through each hole with ACF50 - brilliant stuff :thumbsup: . Going to use stainless self tapping bolts with stainless penny washers. Then run a thin edge of PU18 along the top edge to seal the top to the body. Stops too much rain running down into the skirts.

Holes to be drilled and ACF50 to be sprayed into sills through all holes drilled. Sills then refitted with stainless screws and stainless penny washers.

Lol thought you said 'making'. Going to hang the skirts with low tack masking tape and use a Sharpie to mark the holes mate

Edited by jeffrosie

Didn't have the guts to drill the sills :) so just 1 screw hole on rear arch lip and bonded skirts to sills and front caps clipped on and screwed as using Glanza wings

IMG_20160730_195429_edit_1469904886258.j

Rear Arch lip screw fixing

IMG_20160730_195611.jpg

Ready to pull some PU18 sealant

Nice work! Might do the same to attach my skirts, I dont have the guts to drill either.... Are you glueing the rest of the skirt to the rear door?

Edited by EP70-PT

Once the skirts were fitted I also squeezed some PU18 through the fixing holes under the skirts and bonded them to the sills. Better than drilling the sills.

Edited by jeffrosie
  • 1 month later...

Not much but soon as Corolla/Glanza S inlet manifold painted and also fitting Glanza S exhaust manifold as its a 4-2-1.

Will also check at this time if mine has a knock sensor.

Advanced the timing by 4 degrees, reset ECU and using Shell98. Good increase in torque, so i'm happy.

Will do the same after fitting manifolds.