• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not much but soon as Corolla/Glanza S inlet manifold painted and also fitting Glanza S exhaust manifold as its a 4-2-1.

Will also check at this time if mine has a knock sensor.

Advanced the timing by 4 degrees, reset ECU and using Shell98. Good increase in torque, so i'm happy.

Will do the same after fitting manifolds.

I also advanced the timing and run 95 and ECU reset, it does offer some small gains, it feels more pokey now. Next week I get some headers and a full exhaust.

Pete

Cheers guys. Cam cover is being prepared too. Same colour but with the colour being carefully rubbed off the highs.

Got a replacement alternator but it looks all manky. Love to take it apart and clean it/grit blast the case. Where can I get new bearings and brushes for them?

• 1 month later...

So far all been good with the 5door run around. ECU now fully aware of the Corolla manifold and engine is much more responsive, but fuel consumption has increased by 10 miles for £20. Considering that it only has a panel filter and the manifold. Need to fit the exhaust manifold too. Looking to change the exhaust system too. I have a brand new Glanza V performance 2.5" system and will be easy to mod and fit, As much as I'd like to, I want a std looking system. So if theres any body out there with a good condition std system that wants to swap with money my way obviously. If not, I'll put a sports cat in it with an extra silencer and fit it.

• 1 month later...

Had a chance to do a bit of a blast on a very private road the other day and was well pleased/surprised. The car with 2 people in it got to 6200 revs in 4th at an indicated 108mph. Only mod at the moment is advanced ignition, foam panel filter & Corolla intake.

good going wee yokes Jeff :thumbsup: i had mine 3-up doing 117 a few times and of the clock past 120, 123 by sat-nav once on my own late late at night on a Closed Road lol. show it a hill and its a bit meh but unless your flying before it :p