• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Looking awesome mate. What suspension does the non standard car have? I know what you mean about not wanting to use it, I had number 1 of 100 Impreza gb270 wagons and I felt exactly the same. I wouldn't put the splitter on hat car mate, maybe on the non standard car though

I was the same with the Caldina, a bit protective over it lol, didn't like getting it dirty always washing it with it being white it would show black rain marks after a week of standing on my drive, didn't like putting the mileage on it, would not have been worth as much if I had.

Glad it has gone now, however I said I'm done with messing about with cars but after a week of calming down I might buy a little runner something to fit on the drive with the Mrs car, not getting something as big as that caldina again lol

Get an SR Mart! Yeh it was a lovely car but I hated it being dirty or putting miles on ha ha but that's just like every car I own I guess. It's on the SR thread.

Ah right the one on the left looks lower. Yeh def put the splitter on the other car until you come across an original one for the low mileage car. To be honest I paid too much for mine but really wanted it so hay ho. Makes the car pretty rare now :)

Get an SR Mart! Yeh it was a lovely car but I hated it being dirty or putting miles on ha ha but that's just like every car I own I guess. It's on the SR thread.

Ah right the one on the left looks lower. Yeh def put the splitter on the other car until you come across an original one for the low mileage car. To be honest I paid too much for mine but really wanted it so hay ho. Makes the car pretty rare now :)

I fancy getting a mk1 Mazda eunos, can get them cheap as chips, and can only go up in price there becoming a classic. will have to be auto again with the Mrs only drive's an auto.

Probs is I don't know much about them apart from they rust.

if I go for eunos import I should be ok plus you get LSD with them, one or two on eBay but I'm not convinced on the mileage on them, I have seen some with genuine 100,000 plus on the clock and still look good then there is some on there with 50,000 to 80000 and the leather seats don't look to good, anyway I'm not in a rush.

Just having a nosey what's out there a nice auto GT or v too will do.

Dale- yeh there aren't many about and I just couldn't refuse mine. I always liked the idea of having number one but in the end it was only for bragging rights. I felt like I couldn't modify it in any way though which is pants. Mind you I'm massively OCD with the starlet lol think it's the worst I've been with a car ha ha.

Mart- I know where there's a v clean auto gt but not sure if he'd sell it. Def go for a gt or v as you know a bit about them. As you said, the mk1 mx5's a really bad for rust and good ones are already commanding high prices.

Shouldn't have sold it 😞

I'm happy it's gone, just to big although it was a very nice motor & would never find anything retro as good as that again. Happy to just get a nice little run around now.

You don't want one that's too nice otherwise you want want to use it ha ha. Mine was meant to be just a run about and all I do is bloody polish it relentlessly!

I know where there is a nice v auto going with just 40k on the clock all standard, but it's to much £3500 trader not even offering a full service and cam belt change, for an auto would pay 3 Max for a mint very low miles one and doesn't need a thing doing.
  • 5 weeks later...

Looks too clean to break but I know it's got issues :/ the clocks should go quickly. Yeh those are the stock mats- not that glorious but they wear really well so I use them day to day and save mine options for good weather and weekends because I'm sad!

• Dale SR changed the title to Please delete