• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Dale SR said:

It would have been madness breaking this, Shes in excellent condition only a few things wrong which are her rear bumper has a scuff, theres a couple of stone chips on the bonnet and one next to the rear quatre window and a chip on the windscreen, I cant fault her mechanically so far, I will get her serviced and booked in for a MOT next month.  

I've been spending all day getting everything cleaned I think thats what she's needing most, A mass population of spiders has come up with the her there coming out of everywhere and the engine bay there are cobwebs connecting every part there is! 

I'm not sure about selling her on, I would like to do a few subtle things to this one and drive and enjoy the SR without the worry of adding miles etc. Possibly replace my black one as my daily starlet. 

Sounds like a good plan mate. Yeah spiders must be a thing with starlets, find a horrible live one hiding inside of one of my brake callipers last week! 

48 minutes ago, Dale SR said:

I very nervously but successfully removed the headlight protectors off the new SR, They were filthy behind the lenses, I belive they have never been off the car from the state of them.  I took a little tip from burtys set he recently purchased and I replaced all the little adhesive rubbers as the originals has went rather yellow.

20210125_122557.thumb.jpg.d0f9d3b5323f7976f7d6660bd68d73d5.jpg

back on the car and looking much more cared for :) next jobs will be getting her crack fixed on windscreen which is booked next week and get her a MOT.

I should maybe start a new thread for this one as two silvers may get confusing as whats getting done to what. 

20210129_184031.thumb.jpg.3cb74d2195bdfce58400f83ecea1cfbb.jpg

Look so much better now so simple to do aswell , are you getting any decals made up for this one I know I've said it before but such a great find also sounds like the best option taking the tte bits off the glanza rep

58 minutes ago, Dale SR said:

Thanks burty, when I seen what you did to yours and just had to replace them, I had a set of original decals copied by a graphics company in 2013 and have templates on disc so I just need to take them back to them and they will print out a set.

I still cant believe I got her, The body work is actually better condition than my 20 thousand mile one when you factor in her bumpers and wing, Apparently she was garaged up untill 2018. My plans for this one was to be a useable starlet that I can run the miles up in and enjoy however I've not really taken her out the garage as she's just to good for salty roads, so I'm unsure if she will be a daily or not but all SR parts will be put back on and I definitely want to change the interior, but its not easy to do as its so clean, the interior seats have had covers on there whole life and are as new. I want to get a super clean GT interior seats for her. 

That's great with the decals I've got a couple of sets off ebay until they are on I have no idea what they will be like I may be in touch with you if mine look not to standard, 

Basically you probably have 2 of the most original silver SR's in the UK! Maybe keep using your black one for longer and keep them tucked up  and when the day comes to retire it you have a choice then keep the black for spares, I've also got a gt interior and a 98spec and the gts are much more hugging  they are so comfortable arnt they it's a tough one as your seats are in mint condition but as you know the gt seats transform the ride but the 98s are on custom subframes so sit lower that standard ep91s I got them off a active member on here good group of lads still around

Edited by burty

Burty has got my old 98 seats which are on custom lowered rails and he’s right, they completely change the feel behind the wheel as the stock seats sit way too high. for me personally, the 98 interior is the one to in an sr as the GT seats don’t really look right. 

I switched back to original GT seats from evo recaros in my GT and they are so much better/comfier so I do see the attraction. 

you’ll have to open an SR museum soon! For me, the white ones are my fave, although I do love my old black one and the silver one on the sale brochure looks great too. 

most eBay decals are decent enough copies but for me the green is never quite the right shade and like you said, the dimensions are slightly off.

Edited by Pikey009
On 29/01/2021 at 10:07 PM, Dale SR said:

My other silver SR had ebay decals fitted by the middle man who i bought her off, they were from ebay and I've since lined them up with my original toyota set I have and there not quite the right size I didn't think, I still need to get the originals put on the SR, the list is getting huge. 

Thanks, I do still hope there are a few others out there like mine, would love all 3 colors with thease kinds of miles. 

I do think I'm leaning more in that direction with her, I really don't want her on salty roads. I obsess over salty roads!. This new one will most likely be a summer car with subtle modifications. Your very lucky to have the 98 interior, I love them, never sat in one to comment on comfort, I do find GT seats really comfortable.  Its good theres still folk around on the forum always good people on here. 

I'm really chuffed with the interior I was happy with the gt one  and was going to get it retrimmed, then I got a message off trav asking if I'd like it just couldn't say no so the gt one is in storage for the time being its not as hugging at the gt ones but suits the car much better especially on the lowered rails they are just right 

7 hours ago, Dale SR said:

I do love the snow in a starlet ☃️

20210208_090204.thumb.jpg.422eb6b7ae073abfe19e93747c003289.jpg

The picture above is her just in front of the Moot hill where all 42 Scottish kings were crowned. Where the stone of Destiny used to live before stolen by king Edward! 20210208_090153.thumb.jpg.e2839670fa105ceb9bee263e1b0031ae.jpg

20210208_090309.thumb.jpg.6af83f9cdc25331115c924b91e48c3da.jpg

Absolutely great photos, black is definitely my fave colour in SR's and why on earth toyota did not put that lip on as standard is totally beyond me 

Lovely part of world great scenery up your way 

• Dale SR changed the title to Please delete