Rear Brake Hardline

Hello,

So my incompetence refreshing the rear end has led me to now need to start from scratch the hard lines for the rear brakes.

I have done all the small ones but by the looks of it I am going to have to renew the ones that run all the way along the underside of the car.

To be fair they actually look pretty well corroded so it's not a bad should.

Has anyone done this before?

Presumably I am going to need to drop the fuel tank to get better access to the lines. And it looks like it is one long straight to, presumably, the master cylinder?

Obviously I shall investigate further when the time comes. But any advice, hits or tips would be appreciated.

If anyone has some exploded diagrams that would be really useful.

Thanks

Get a length of copper brake pipe a flaring tool and some brake pipe ends.

Its easy as piss doing them. Most of your time is spent just getting all the bends and such correct.

And no they dont go all the way to the master cylinder there is a splitter on the bulkhead.

Yeah should have mentioned the snap on ones are the only ones worth buying....handheld wise.

You can get good ones for vices, but its not worth it unless you will be doing alot of brakepipes, plus the handheld ones are good for when working with the pipes on the car. Allows you to get the lengths much more accurate.