Thought I'd better get a project thread going, I found a tidy looking 98 spec v in black on a jap export site (nikkyo exports) so mailed a sales advisor there and the deal was done £1642 all in delivered to Liverpool docks. However when I arrived at the port to pick it up it wasn't as clean as I'd hoped for, the paint on the roof bonnet and wings was wasted. Mechanically it seemed ok and as I work in a restoration body shop I can put it right....... hopefully

Edited by stevie82
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought I'd throw it straight in for mot just to see what it needed, needless to say it failed on no rear fog lamp and I knew all four tyres were buggered but the offside rear caliper was doing nothing. Decided to bleed brakes and hey no fluid out of the lazy caliper so cracked open the line at the flexi and still nothing, after more investigation discovered the abs pump was buggered so in the bin it went with a td abs removal kit and now all good

I thought I'd throw it straight in for mot just to see what it needed, needless to say it failed on no rear fog lamp and I knew all four tyres were buggered but the offside rear caliper was doing nothing�. Decided to bleed brakes and hey no fluid out of the lazy caliper so cracked open the line at the flexi and still nothing, after more investigation discovered the abs pump was buggered so in the bin it went with a td abs removal kit and now all good�

£1642 all in delivered to Liverpool, you got that for a bargain even though it does need a bit of TLC :-) how many miles has it done? That's the trouble with black cars, suffer bad from paint fading.

I've just had a nosey on (nikkyo exports) and they have got a nice white glanza v on there now, looks like it could do with a buff up which is nothing, my caldina was a bit flat up until it was mopped, but apart from that it looks a good one, good mileage 97,000 km engine bay looks very clean and under the car, £2113.79 C&F good price:-)

Finally it's fully painted I'm really happy how it's come out just need to build it and spend a silly amount of time flattening and polishing it. Also ordered some new decals for the 1/4s and boot and new badge for the front bumper and new roof mouldings from Toyota Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got it all put back together and polished, it's been fully wet flatted and three coats of swissvax applied around 80 hrs spent polishing and detailing it. Also got new 1/4 badges, roof mouldings and front bumper badge from Toyota Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Imageand some with the new boot decals onPosted ImagePosted Image

I've got some sr speedlines to go on it maybe get some coilovers then probably leave it alone while I restore the sr I've just got. I've added a few bits already like a hks hi power silent a set of kv85s a new rad and some roose hoses, it's also had a new exedy clutch.Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fitted rear decals and new Toyota gear gaitor bargain at £30 too smartened the interior up Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image a couple of the optional extras it came with and one of the his hi power silent, also found it has a fet turbo timer hiding behind the dash bonus