Silver SR restoracing project

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, burty said:

really looking forward to see the results at TD on this intercooler installation looks really tidy 

Thanks mate it’s getting there slowly 😂, I hope to be booking a trackday soon to shake it down

9 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

have you thorough about acl bigend bearings. 

there are alot of bigend failures after mapping. literally with in months. 

fantastic work by the way. this setup should be so quick.   

I don’t plan on touching the internals at all, mike has a customer they mapped a na for with the same set up as me three years ago he uses as a daily and had no issues so far so fingers crossed all will be ok 👌🏻 

yeh. from what im told tunning developments are the people to see on these. people do rush into building and mapping. 

theres just so many builds on here were after mapping the big end fails literally with in a month.  

Edited by Sam44
51 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

yeh. from what im told tunning developments are the people to see on these. people do rush into building and mapping. 

theres just so many builds on here were after mapping the big end fails literally with in a month.  

You’ve said this many times and I’ve never seen examples?

TD map the majority anyway, the 8 or so I’ve done have never had an issue with a big end going after a dyno session. 

I might have a spare map sensor mate, will look tomorrow.

How did you set your actuator up?

Also, can you post a pic of the header tank bracket?-  need to make one and it might save me a little time seeing another.

Can you post a full size pic of your avatar? As it looks like a nice one. Really neat and tidy install with the fmic. 

On 12/1/2020 at 8:54 PM, Pikey009 said:

I might have a spare map sensor mate, will look tomorrow.

How did you set your actuator up?

Also, can you post a pic of the header tank bracket?-  need to make one and it might save me a little time seeing another.

Can you post a full size pic of your avatar? As it looks like a nice one. Really neat and tidy install with the fmic. 

It’s cool I’ve got a map sensor on the way 😀, I’ll get u a pic of the bracket tomorrow mate but it’s just literally a 90 degree piece of steel I bolted to the brake line bracket. I haven’t set the actuator yet Mike at td will do it when it’s mapped 

Cars all done and I’m really happy with how it drives, it picks up boost quite quickly and is funny to drive. Boost was wound back from 10 psi to 7 as it was having some valve float at high rpm due to na valve springs. A high flow fuel pump was needed as it began to lean off too much. I want the car usable and reliable so I’m happy with the boost levels and power it made I’m not chasing figures and I feel it’s on the money for what I intend to use it for. I can’t recommend tuning developments enough, they’ve mapped both my sr and glanza v and im more the happy with both results they know what they’re doing and are just genuine people 😀AA182F7C-5AB6-4AC8-8722-C4BAF16588BA.thumb.jpeg.bdc806267cc6e57951a25eadc85177f5.jpegF2A78B37-8CB5-41D7-B7E9-3DABF19E5417.thumb.jpeg.79b5ecc214204e2179b8711877302808.jpeg

Edited by stevie82
9 hours ago, burty said:

love this mate took some time but you got there come a long way from the smooth booted bargain you got 

Thanks mate it’s a project I never intended taking on but glad I have, it’s not the glanza by any means but it does put a smile on your face

2 hours ago, stevie82 said:

A few more tidy up jobs to do and a few more bits to buy and an mot to sort then it’s off to oulton park in January for a shake down

Looks great mate :thumbsup:. Nice smooth power delivery too, no sudden surprises in the curve, should drive predictably.

Had a few questions about the setup, how did you mount the intake air temp. sensor?

Also with the intercooler piping did you go under the front lower cross member or out and round in through the sides? Any pics with the bumper off?

Also were you using the 4efe fuel pressure regulator or a 4efte unit?

Good job, looks like a nice clean install.

4 hours ago, Claymore said:

Looks great mate :thumbsup:. Nice smooth power delivery too, no sudden surprises in the curve, should drive predictably.

Had a few questions about the setup, how did you mount the intake air temp. sensor?

Also with the intercooler piping did you go under the front lower cross member or out and round in through the sides? Any pics with the bumper off?

Also were you using the 4efe fuel pressure regulator or a 4efte unit?

Good job, looks like a nice clean install.

Hi thanks for the comments, firstly the air intake temp sensor is just tied up in the engine bay as it’s not an issue, I’m using the stock 4efe fuel pressure regulator but did have to change the fuel pump as it ran lean top end and I first ran the intercooler pipework under the front crossmember but it looked shit with the na bumper as the bumper fouls the pipes massively so I went for 51mm pipes round the sides and it’s much better I’ll try find a pic

7 hours ago, stevie82 said:

Thanks mate it’s a project I never intended taking on but glad I have, it’s not the glanza by any means but it does put a smile on your face

Well I really enjoyed reading your build  thread over the years  they are what makes the forum fair play saving another SR and turning it into what you have now interested to see what you do from here aswell *note to others read his glanza thread it's another lovely example 

Edited by burty
1 hour ago, stevie82 said:

Hi thanks for the comments, firstly the air intake temp sensor is just tied up in the engine bay as it’s not an issue, I’m using the stock 4efe fuel pressure regulator but did have to change the fuel pump as it ran lean top end and I first ran the intercooler pipework under the front crossmember but it looked shit with the na bumper as the bumper fouls the pipes massively so I went for 51mm pipes round the sides and it’s much better I’ll try find a pic

Thanks for that.

Been eyeing mine up to see about the intercooler routes and thought the same, would need big slots in the underside of bumper to clear the pipes.

:drinks:

• 11 months later...

Not updated this in a while, work and life in general has been hectic so not a lot has happened over the last year really. The sr passed mot first time 😀 and then just sat in a corner of the unit at work unfortunately. Started her up about a month ago and noticed a small amount of blue smoke when it had warmed up ? Bugger !

That combined with a slightly milky oil cap was enough to pull the head and do the gasket as I’m positive it will be the original gasket.C05A6CE8-8A36-40CE-B82B-EC73625E639A.thumb.jpeg.37c9fbbdae888ec6dfbce928fb744368.jpeg498670B9-EB39-426B-861C-B7F60871FBCD.thumb.jpeg.4dbec45ff0b0899080136317172b45a3.jpeg