Aem wideband - mind of its own?

Ok so over the last few days my wideband has been doing some crazy things, first noticed on sunday morning that upon leaving home in the morning the gauge was stuck on lean, 3 dashes, for around 15 mins of steady driving and me flicking the screen in a passive attempt to encourage it back into normality it started reading again but the readings were totally alien to me, and extremely laggy, my setup has been spot on running friendly low 11s at WOT and hovering around 14.7 cruising around. Now at WOT it'll read a dodgy 13 and then when you cruise again it'll sit around 16.5-17, and then sometimes will get itself stuck back on the 3 dashes for a bit. A little concerning now I have no indication of what's going on but I'm confident all is as it should be, no change in running or driving whatsoever so I'm led to a dodgy sensor which I'm waiting on. I've checked all wiring and plugs and all is as good, just curious if anyone else has had similar issues with the aem wideband? I know the sensors need renewing every so often, this ones been in for a good 6 months..?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Aems shouldn't need calibrating is there any warning lights popping up ? Mine has a warning light comes up sometimes I just switch the car off let the Wideband heat up again and alls fine. Sensor shouldn't need replacing after 6 months.

Sounds like it's toast.

I mistakenly installed mine without wiring and ran car for a few days whilst I was sorting something else.

When I finally wired it mine did much the same thing. Replaced sensor and all was well afterwards.

Can't remember specific details but there is a test you can do. Think you leave it open to atmosphere and check reading then cover it with a rag soaked in a solvent (can't remember which one) and it should read rich.

Worth having a Google for AEM wide band showing lean, all details should be there.

Cheers guys, I stuck a new sensor in yesterday and all back to normal, it's odd because it doesn't seem like a sensor issue when it reads hit and miss, learn something new everyday!

• 2 weeks later...

New sensor hasn't lasted very long.. same sort of symptoms, then read fine sometimes until your at full chat where it'll hold for a second then wave goodbye and sweep to full lean - starting to doubt my mounting of it but reassured it's OK seeing how long the first sensor lasted.. new sensor time again lol