Diagnostic code 42 / vehicle speed sensor

New engine - car runs a bit crap tbh - holding back bogging down -

My engine management light flickered on my Glanza a few days ago more than 3 times but now isnt showing

lag is bad holds back when at certain revs -

when having the car back from garage - speedo was not working -

after changing a few things - speedo/boost gauges now working

plugged diagostics in today - error code42 - vehicle speed sensor?

none of posts I've read up on seem to have a conclusion really want my car back tbh

one post said this " Right sorted the idle problem and the boost delay..

Turned out to be my JAM FCD which was wired into the map sensor. Took it off and put it back to standard and it's fine!" ?

some posts state " This fault occours when the ecu detects revs above 3000 rpm for more than 3 seconds without a changed spped signal from the speedo

is this code related to the issue i am having? or have just plugged something in wrong to cause code and the reason car laggy - holding back something else

really winding me up now cars been off road for 2 months :/

Had almost the same issue throwing up all sorts of weird codes bogging down cutting out running lumpy misfiring ect.. after striping an replacing every single sensor fuelling system and ignition system with no luck I checked my ecu and it was shagged causing all the issues so have a look at your ecu and also that the wiring hasn't been disturbed. Also it can be an fuelling or ignition problem and something that needs replacing along the line

The speed sensor signal is transmitted to the ecu by the clocks. In the back of the clocks is a small reed looking device in a glass looking bulb. The two parts of the reed touch together when a magnet (located on the back of the speedo) creates a pulse by allowing the two parts of the Reed to touch. Does your speedo work? If it does check the electrical connectors on the back of the clocks.

Also these ecu' do not "store" faults that need turning off or deleting with a diagnostic. They are pretty much a very old version of amstrad, ecu's today are more like ps4 or Xbox one.