• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thats nice and light, is that with a tabk of fuel and im guessing no interior. Have you removed any of the sound proofing at all?

I think it was about half a tank, there isn't anything but the cage, seats and harnesses inside. All of the sound proofing is removed and you really notice the difference!

Thats not bad with a cage in there as well. Get yourself a 5efhe and a g6 6 speed box, will be a good 130hp/t and quick through the gears then aswell

I keep debating stripping mine again but also like the idea of it looking like a standard car and being practical lol

Thats not bad with a cage in there as well. Get yourself a 5efhe and a g6 6 speed box, will be a good 130hp/t and quick through the gears then aswell

I keep debating stripping mine again but also like the idea of it looking like a standard car and being practical lol

I keep looking at 5efe engines out of a Paseo but unsure of how much work is involved, what do the 5efhe engines come out of and do you know how much work is involved?

Yours looks great as it is, standard looking is cool! Completely stripped out is ok as a track car but would get annoying quickly if you used it a lot!

Ignore the 5e mate. They are pants in stock form. Get yourself to local tuners and get a Dyno run for £30

Will look for somewhere locally, will be interesting to see if it has much more power than standard

The 5efhe is from paseo betas and sera's and quite hard to find but the late ones do rev fairly high and push out 110hp but theyre not the easiest to find.

You can get the 4efe to 90ish hp fairly easily but after that you may aswell boost it.

The 5efhe is from paseo betas and sera's and quite hard to find but the late ones do rev fairly high and push out 110hp but theyre not the easiest to find.

You can get the 4efe to 90ish hp fairly easily but after that you may aswell boost it.

I would be happy with about 90 for now, my plan was to enjoy a few track days this year then maybe take it off the road over winter and either turbo it or something else to get more power. Really like the fact it's quite reliable and don't know if it would take the fun away!

Edited by CarlEP91

Keep it NA mate. I'd visit Motorsport Electrics and get one of their new ECUs fitted and mapped along with the corolla inlet and OBX you should see 100bhp. Get some black speedline safaris on there too

Do a 1nzfe conversion, 105bhp out the bag, won't need much to get it to fit as 2 of the mounts are the same and one will need small amount of work, gearbox are low ratio from factory, better on fuel, you'll have Vvti, alloy block so lighter and easy to get 125bhp/125 torque with a free flow zorst and a open filter. Would see 150hp/ton+........ and...... it's not been done yet :)

Edited by lukEp

Keep it NA mate. I'd visit Motorsport Electrics and get one of their new ECUs fitted and mapped along with the corolla inlet and OBX you should see 100bhp. Get some black speedline safaris on there too

I did say I would keep it N/A, will have a look at Motorsport Electronics sometime.

Are Speedline Safaris the standard SR wheels? I keep seeing them on other cars and really like the look of them.

Dont put speedlines on they weigh a ton! Keep an eye on ebay for some cheap lightweight wheels.

Any suggestions what to look out for? I do like the look of Speedlines and I like my Enkei wheels but think they might look better in 15"

Do a 1nzfe conversion, 105bhp out the bag, won't need much to get it to fit as 2 of the mounts are the same and one will need small amount of work, gearbox are low ratio from factory, better on fuel, you'll have Vvti, alloy block so lighter and easy to get 125bhp/125 torque with a free flow zorst and a open filter. Would see 150hp/ton+........ and...... it's not been done yet :)

That would be different but maybe better suited to someone with more time and ability! I'll probably stick to something that's been done a few times before so there's a bit of advice available!

Yeh the speedlines are standard on SRs but admittedly not the lightest. They do a proper Motorsport wheel that looks very similar but I can't remember the name and I imagine they are expensive whereas the safaris are easy to come by. I like the idea of a red SR

• 3 weeks later...

Got everything done I wanted to and got to Japfest, I met a few people and saw some great starlets on track. I really want a GT Turbo now! I had a quick go on track but struggled a bit on the big straights of Silverstone!

More recently I went to a rolling road and had the ignition timing advanced, it made a real difference which surprised me. The day after that I was back on a more suitable track and had a great day at Cadwell Park. I took a few people out and they were all really impressed with how the little Starlet went!

post-14602-0-99304400-1495367064_thumb.j

post-14602-0-39419200-1495367025_thumb.j

post-14602-0-22461700-1495366802_thumb.j

post-14602-0-73315700-1495366837_thumb.j

post-14602-0-99004700-1495366881_thumb.j

post-14602-0-86609200-1495366967_thumb.j

Did you get a power figure?

Power was only 73bhp which was less than I expected but he did say it reads lower than some and advancing the timing gained quite a few, the torque curve was really good though and the difference is a lot more than I was expecting!

Ah right do you think you might go on a different dyno in the future? Where is the company based? I'd heard about advancing the timing but wasn't sure how good the gains would be- I guess the proof is in how much better the car feels to your rather than a power figure. Have you held anything off that you've been surprised about? Miss my sr loads

Ah right do you think you might go on a different dyno in the future? Where is the company based? I'd heard about advancing the timing but wasn't sure how good the gains would be- I guess the proof is in how much better the car feels to your rather than a power figure. Have you held anything off that you've been surprised about? Miss my sr loads

I probably won't as you could see the gains as they adjusted it so don't think the figure means a lot, it was one close to me and seemed like it had been there for a long time! There were a few cars that surprised me when they didn't seem to be any quicker over a full lap at Cadwell but you could see how much quicker they were on the straights!