• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Calum122 said:

Yes this is a mega build!

I like lots of information. I will need to give this a good look over.

How do you feel about "Max Speeding" rods as a direct replacement for OE? Just out of interest. Don't judge them for HP, just as a direct replacement.

Max speeding rods wont fit stock OEM pistons you will need forged pistons as well, I have used max speeding rods to 300bhp and have them in my 5e build aiming for 380-400bhp. Some of the VXR lads have had almost 500bhp from them as long as you get builders to check tolerances they are decent rods. 

Edited by wakeabby14
6 hours ago, Calum122 said:

Yes this is a mega build!

I like lots of information. I will need to give this a good look over.

How do you feel about "Max Speeding" rods as a direct replacement for OE? Just out of interest. Don't judge them for HP, just as a direct replacement.

Yeah it’s slow and steady hahaha because I have to make every damn thing 🤣🤣

I have never even looked into those rods 

On 3/15/2020 at 4:19 AM, Sam44 said:

If you know how to speak engine sometimes you can see it shouting problems at you. The 4efe is a very basic production line unit and some of these updated parts I see are poor at best, not removing all and in some cases adding problems. Take for instance forged rods that remove the standard piston oiler drilling and then do not incorporate any thrust face grinds. Gives me the chills just thinking of the oil control. In all honesty around 250hp at 6krpm I'd set its very reasonable limit unless you are blue printing the full engine to race spec, which is a lot of work. 

image.jpegSo we remove the little end oil jet drilling, and simple forget its there so hands up ho thinks this engine will have little end piston failure. 

Below 4efte updated rods a design that works and improves on standard and in all honesty simple and affective improving many areas. 

image.gif

Edited by ChaseWheatley

Some good examples of rear facing vents that do not affect tyre contact and removing under bonnet heat and drag but keep bonnet downforce look at the vents in the sill panel bellow the windscreen 

image.jpeg

image.jpegNow look at the holes cut in this sill panel center under the windscreen to let out trapped air (drag reduction) 

image.jpeg

Edited by Sam44
2 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Some good examples of rear facing vents that do not affect tyre contact and removing under bonnet heat and drag but keep bonnet downforce look at the vents in the sill panel bellow the windscreen 

image.jpeg

image.jpegNow look at the holes cut in this sill panel center under the windscreen to let out trapped air (drag reduction) 

image.jpeg

you can see in this picturewhat seems too be  engine is tilted for better driveshaft angle but what comes into my head if done this way (there is other ways ) is the risk of having less oil return to sump and oil build up in head !!!! as we all know oil drain to sump  is at the back of the block...

imo engine forward... up... and tilt back...

Intake port design producing swirl and tumble turbulence. The blackening in the port is a similar substance to liquid steal apoxy. Which as well as improved cylinder squish and flame propergation these engines desperately need

unnamed.jpg

watsonhead.jpg

Edited by Sam44
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2020 at 2:09 AM, Sam44 said:

Intake port design producing swirl and tumble turbulence. The blackening in the port is a similar substance to liquid steal apoxy. Which as well as improved cylinder squish and flame propergation these engines desperately need

unnamed.jpg

watsonhead.jpg

Edited by ChaseWheatley
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...