Assistance with wheel offset options

Hi all,

I have a 99 EP01 and looking at wheels, which would be a better fit, I am looking for a flush fit, just inside the guards, not sticking out.

15x6.5 +38, or

15.6.5 +35

Car will eventually be lower with Tien springs, 50mm lower in the front and 57mm at the rear (so the ad says) will have an adjustable panhard rod and rear sway bar.

Any assistance would be good.

Pete

Hi Pete. Your find that either option shouldn't give you any problems. The lesser the number for offset the more "poke" you will get. Personally out of the 2 I would go for et35 for a little more offset. I'm low on d2 coiloivers and on some temporary wheels which are 15", 6.5j with an offset of 40 and have no problems

The factory speedlines are 15x6 et39 and sit a good 10-15mm in from factory.

6.5x15 et 35 will be 10.5mm further out than the speedlines. They will be fairly flush maybe in a few mm but not much.

If you want to work out the offset required to get it flush you can work it out with a pumpbob (string and a weight) and a tape measure. Hang the plumpbob from the arch the measure from the disc center to the string. Say its 50mm for instance.

Then just take 1/2 your wheel width minus offset of wheel.

So 6.5÷2= 3.25.

Convert to metric

3.25 x 25.4 = 82.55

Then take your offset from that

82.55-35= 47.55

You would be 2.5mm inside the arch with the wheel vertical (no camber)