Insurance problems

So i bought a golf last year an took the glanza off the road, went about putting it back on the road but no insurance company will cover the glanza because it's a 98 car and it a jap import,

So whatinsurance company's are ye with???

Edited by redliner

al i have to say is good luck probly wont be able to insure it anymore

my company told me if i changed over they will not transfer it back to the gt

ireland is THE BIGGEST spastic country in the world for jap insurance they get a fit if you ring them

im with quoteme try them

Edited by 5e colin

Ya I agree I bet they don't have a problem in England insuring jap cars I'm sure there loosing out on money the spa's,

It's gone to the dogs this country,

What's the point in nct if ya can't insure it an it's road worthy,

I'll try those insurance company's so lads,

Thanks

No companies will start a new policy on a jap especially over 10 years old. Transfer is the only way and liberty seem to be the only ones that will still do it. When you do just say youve just bought it. After that just keep renewing until you can get classic.

No companies will start a new policy on a jap especially over 10 years old. Transfer is the only way and liberty seem to be the only ones that will still do it. When you do just say youve just bought it. After that just keep renewing until you can get classic.

Was with liberty on the glanza so they will have me details,

Was talking to chill an he said the only way is to transfer my policy bk on the glanza an start new on the golf which will be about 1300 each,

Be hard to go paying that for the golf when I'm only paying 460 a year on the golf,

• 3 months later...

My GT is 25 years old, I paid 950 fully comp last year and my renewal for this year was 2200 needless to say I told them to fuck off. Tried for weeks to get it covered all said no even tried 2 classic companies both said no. Finally got 3rd party through a crowd in donegal for 1300. We get absolutely rode without lube in Ireland for insurance it's a fucking total scam. It's cheaper for me to insure the 2lt turbo I'm in the middle of importing at the moment than it is to insure a 1991 GT

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi lads, 20 just passed my full and im looking to get a 99 na irish car insured, any suggestions as im a first year apprentice so money is tight with the 200 euro weekly wage, thanks in advance Ronan, by the way I live in an urban area in north co Dublin