Best size tyres for 14" rims

I recently purchased a nice enkei's for a steal! I've had them sandblasted and powder coated! Now it's time I buy some new tyres! They originally had 185/60/14.. But I've seen a set of tyres I want for a good price but they're 185/50/14.. Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of the arch gap whilst running this profile?? Cheers

• 1 month later...

I recently purchased a nice enkei's for a steal! I've had them sandblasted and powder coated! Now it's time I buy some new tyres! They originally had 185/60/14.. But I've seen a set of tyres I want for a good price but they're 185/50/14.. Just wondering if anyone has any pictures of the arch gap whilst running this profile?? Cheers

Hiya dont know if this helps but im running 17's with 40x205 tires and they have never scraped. plenty of gap in both front and rear arch wells.

I've just got a set of 185/55's fitted to mine, they feel and look much better than the previous tyres which were 185/60. They're Yokohama S drives, think they worked out about £195 from black circles, that's including delivery cost! And they're doing great imo! I'm running rsr 60mm springs and this is how it sits!

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hiya dont know if this helps but im running 17's with 40x205 tires and they have never scraped. plenty of gap in both front and rear arch wells.

What body are you driving trigger88?

What ET offset do you have on those 17´s ?

Edited by sseabass
  • 3 weeks later...

I have 195 45 14 Continentals on the Volks (same as Bluebear's) at present and they are absolute dung and 195 is too wide, just bulges out too much.

Having seen Bluebear's pics with 185 55 14, I will soon be ordering some Uniroyal Rainexpert 3s, should look and perform far better. I'll also be running Meisters so can get a decent arch gap.

Phil.