Whitestar's budget EP70 project, Rusty is her name

• 2 weeks later...

Cool build, I like the colour

Is the ep91 brakes a direct fit on the standard ep70 hubs?

And what size discs are you running?

Thanks mate! :)

Yeah EP91 brakes bolt right on. You just have to space the discs out 1-2 mm with big washers or a spacer plate for them to clear the calipers. That's the only thing that has to be done for them to fit. I'll add pics in a minute. I use standard EP91 discs, don't know the size.

Love this thing, top work!

Thanks fella! :)

Very nice project, i had seen some pics on instagram

Cheers! Nice to hear it caught your attention. :)

Lovely little project.

Looking forward to the updates

Thank you! More coming in a minute. :p

Ok, some more progress.

001.JPG

Brakes assembled and ready to go in!

002.JPG

Old manky brakes.

003.JPG

No brakes.

004.JPG

Newer not so manky brakes.

005.JPG

Work in progress.

006.JPG

So I thought the new pads were too thick as the car was really hard to move. Turned out that the offset on new discs was different to the old ones and that's why the discs caught on the calipers.

007.JPG

Put in some thick washers under the discs to clear the caliper, should be only a temporary fix to get the car inspected. But now it works! :D

008.JPG

Assembled the front. Alpha horns show quite nice behind the grille :p

009.JPG

010.JPG

Drove to a near by gas station to get some fresh fuel and took a few pics.

011.JPG

Turned out pretty nice I must say! <3 Front lip still to go on!

012.JPG

Covered the shitty and ruined door cards with black fabric. A bit better now. :) Also put in the seat belts. Only thing missing now is the new tacho meter I ordered.

013.JPG

This one's from today. :) Got the emissions test done and booked the car for inspection on saturday, YAY! :)

So, more news after the weekend I guess. I hope they're good! :p

Edited by whitestar

Ok, one last set of pictures for now! Propably have to wait until spring for something new as the car is now on a deserved winter sleep. :)

001.JPG

So the front lip was still to be modified to fit. I started by cutting it in two as it was waaay too wide for starlet's front.

002.JPG

Had to cut the under side of the lip a bit to get it bending right. Started drilling the holes one by one and guiding the lip a bit by bit to fit good. I put a screw into every hole to keep it in place.

003.JPG

Holes done for the left side. Next was trimming the lip to center of the car and doing the other side just the same.

004.JPG

After getting the lip trimmed nicely and mocked in it's place I took off the screws and riveted it on. The seam in the middle wasn't going to stay even, so put in some zip tie stiches with blue ties. Sits pretty nice. :)

005.JPG

So, booked the inspection for the car for this saturday. Swapped the winter tires on from my yaris and headed to the inspection. :D With mixed feelings.

006.JPG

Inspection went quite ok! Just need to fix some more rust, but it still passed. Looked so awful with the yaris alloys. :D Swapped the bandeds on in the parking hall where the car stays for the winter and took loads of pictures.

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

This is the spot where she's going to stay until the spring comes.

013.JPG

Blanked on, sleep tight Mintlet!

014.JPG

015.JPG

And the last one for comparison where it all started and where it ended for this year.

I still have loads of plans, we'll see what 2017 brings. Can't wait for the spring! :)

Edited by whitestar

Nice progress here, haven't been long time here :) Coilovers passed also inspection easily, no rubbing anywhere? Next summer this car gona get more attention than Your Glanza or Yaris :)

Thanks buddy. :) You have to update your rides too, haven't heard anything for some time now. Coilovers weren't marked on the papers yet (a nice inspector :D), going to add them next spring. Also I have to get the sills welded at some point as he didn't like my quick fixes. :sad: Yaris gets maybe oil change and sold probably :D Glanza is probably getting forged internals and this one the new sills and a clutch. :DD

Dude that looks so good! That colour really makes it!

Cheers mate! I like it too, although the paintwork is shit but i don't care as long as it's mainly one colour. :D

looks awesome you should be proud!

Thanks, I am! Nothing even near what you did on yours though. :thumbsup:Good thing I don't have to get rid of this so maybe this will be a minter some day too.

It looks really good, do you gonna keep the 1e engine?

I can't wait to work on mine, i still have to wait one more mounth

Thank you! Yeah 1E for now, maybe upgrading to 4EFE at some point and turboing it but that'll have to wait, my glanza needs attention big time soon. Can't wait for spring to get this on road, wanna go "breaking necks" asap!

Looks so cool! Well done man.

Thanks! Appreciate it. :)

If you have priorites, that´s how it should be, 4efe is an upgrade that i would like to do but for now i still have to buy tyres, suspension, and finish more things, and mine was upgradaded from 1e to 2e, a 4efe even stock makes a ep70 funny xD i want to finish my car and use it for daily for now, and yes, you have reason starlets breaks necks :D

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...