GT/Glanza's dailyed?

(Excuse me if I've posted this in the wrong section)

Hi, I had a GT for a while last year, and regret selling it.

I've just been mugged off insuring my Cupra R so I've instantly come back to this here forum...

Who here drives a turbocharged starlet everyday, and what are your experiences of it? It would be stock, or as close to stock as possible.

And yes, driven in the winter!!

100% regret selling mine too , dailyed both a gt and Glanza . The gt was near stock with a vile exhaust which just droned and made driving it not pleasant, also lambda issue caused bad fuelling/poor mpg

Dailyed my glanza through a lot of various setups stock,td04,Td05 forged and vf24 forged

Used piss all fuel with the stock injectors on ct9 and td04 was a hoot with the td04 albeit loud with external wastegate

Once engine got forged and different much laggy Td05 and other custom parts went on I stop dailing it due to not wanting but it was beyond that for me,more a weekend toy then.

If I could do it all again it would Defo stay with ct9. It was just so fun for what it was, people get caught up in the scene and putting shifty wheels and spending x amount to look cool for pals

Just get one and drive and maintain it , they are cheap that way.

Hope that helps

I don't see an issue with running them daily and I always have, it's what they were designed for and as long as you keep on top of maintenance they should be fine. I do see people's point though when there modded to be so highly strung, Paddle clutchs and stripped interior can make the commute a bit wearing😬

Cheers for all the responses guys, looks positive! Yeah, would just be a CT9 car, I already have my summer\weekend toy, I just want something fun to get to work in too!

Hmm not too sure about driving a Glanza in the winter. I use the V as a daily in the summer and I've got an NA as my winter daily. I'm in Newbury too mate so if you ever wanna go out for a drive just let me know.

White V with bronze rotas and blue mud flaps?

Cheers for all the responses guys, looks positive! Yeah, would just be a CT9 car, I already have my summer\weekend toy, I just want something fun to get to work in too!

White V with bronze rotas and blue mud flap

Yeah I've got a white V with bronze rotas, haven't got blue mud flaps though mate so I dunno if there could be someone else around here with a Glanza

Edited by samasaurasrex

They are fine for a daily depending on what your benchmark for a daily is.

They are easy on fuel, cheap on tax, quick and fun.

Yes they will be rattly, uncomfortable, cold and noisey but if you cant deal with that then you are in completely the wrong price bracket and need to spend an extra 15k on a BMW or Merc.

Yeah I've got a white V with bronze rotas, haven't got blue mud flaps though mate so I dunno if there could be someone else around here with a Glanza

Thatcham way?

But yeah, id love to meet up and talk starlet one night if you're around.

They are fine for a daily depending on what your benchmark for a daily is.

They are easy on fuel, cheap on tax, quick and fun.

Yes they will be rattly, uncomfortable, cold and noisey but if you cant deal with that then you are in completely the wrong price bracket and need to spend an extra 15k on a BMW or Merc.

Second that

Daily'd my gt for ages, wasn't too bad on fuel, my main problem was the exhaust noise getting complaints as I leave for work at half 5 in the morning aha!

And since messing with it its become a bit unreliable these days

When it was basically stock it was a brilliant daily

Daily'd my gt for ages, wasn't too bad on fuel, my main problem was the exhaust noise getting complaints as I leave for work at half 5 in the morning aha!

And since messing with it its become a bit unreliable these days

When it was basically stock it was a brilliant daily

Loving all these responses. Better get my Cupra R up for sale.