New glanza owner with boost issues

Well lads said I better introduce me and my new purchase while looking for info on a boost issue lol!

Very long story on the car in 2005/6 I imported a glanza turbo automatic from Japan for my wife which she loved for a year or so till kids started to arrive so we sold it on!! 10 years later in 2016 I've now become the owner of the same car again with only 40,000 more Kms on it since I sold it so couldn't turn the opportunity down to buy it back!!

Cars pretty standard other than a cat back exhaust, dump valve,trd plug leads and a Clifford remote start and built in turbo timer built in all fitted by me in 2006 so no one else has ever messed with it well happy as it's still really clean car and their getting so hard to get over here!!

At the moment I'm half way through a fairly big service and cleaning all the brakes up as it's not been drove in 2 years I'd say!!

Here's a few pics of how it sits at the mo!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Plans for the car include lowering it as I've always wanted to lower it even when the wife owned it all those years ago! Prob gonna end up doing some trackdays in it so may convert it to manual but I'll put a few miles on it before deciding that!

But my biggest issue at now is I bought it off a mate that's owned it for the last few years and hasn't used it in the last 2 years! It was parked up running perfect but now since I started driving it it won't build boost at all!! All the intake/boost pipes seem fine no holes or leaks visible! Or sounds of boost leak! The actuator moves with my finger so isn't stuck but not sure if it's supposed to be that easy to move so I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what may have stuck or failed while parked up to cause it to not boost at all!boost gauge moves from the minus figures to just below zero perfect but never even attempts to make boost!

Cheers

Mick

And I'm from Ireland obviously with the reg lol forgot to put that in the post above

Hi ya man nice v ya got there 👍🏻 I'd start with the acuator shouldn't be that loose if ya can move it with one finger. They should be hard to pull even with it off the car. They be cheap to replace id recommend a Hks one to replace it. Let us know how you get on and welcome to the site

Ahh I've thought about buying it back a few times over the last year or so ! Just few things fell together at the right time and I sorted cheap insurance on it because I already have a mk5 golf gti as a daily so needed it to be nearly old enough for classic insurance which it now is! Looking forward to doing the few bits the wife wasn't mad on doing when she was the main driver lol!!

Really stupid question how exactly do I check if the actuator is faulty and aslo is their any way of checking the wastegate without actually taking the exhaust off and looking at it?

I'm just clutching at straws here that it's not building any boost at all!! Never even boosts any bit at all

Edited by M3mick

Spent a half hour today pulling it apart!! Found my 2 issues

Posted Image

Giant crack and solid even with a screwdriver won't turn it

Posted Image

Now to search for replacements!!

Will a td04 bolt straight on and work aslong as I get its manifold??

Found this pic last night!! It's the day I put the plates on when it came in from Japan in Aug 2006!! May get another set of the stickers for the wheel hard to read in pic but really made the wheels look better Posted Image

Found the official reason for no boost today!!Posted Image

I've never seen a turbo go so bad!! The housing is completely broke from the wastegate all the way round to the exhaust turbine and that's what's stopping it from spinning

What's wrong with it turbo looks fine? Can

You spin the turbo with your finger ? if you mean the crack round the wastegate every ct9 cracks in the same area..I'd say your issue is your actuator and your manifold you should definitely not be able to move your actuator with your finger

Edited by Whitenoize