EP82/EP91 Wire Tucks & Fuse Box Relocation

EP82 / EP91 Wire Tuck & Fuse Box Relocation

After receiving multiple enquiries in relation to the engine loom tuck we carried out on our EP91 we have decided to offer this as a service to you all.

As I am sure you are aware there are a multitude of options available when it comes to a job like this and we will keep that as simple as possible taking all the hassle out of the job for you.

Pricing for our wire tucks & relocations start from £600+VAT dependant upon specific requirements.

The above service quite simply completely transforms the appearance of your engine bay to create a show stopping look.

It includes; fuse box relocation to inside cabin, partial engine loom tuck and battery relocation to the boot as shown in the image below.

Additional services include professional full engine bay re-spray, reconditioning of inlet manifold & head cover etc, full engine removal & refit and ABS removal (which we would strongly recommend) just to name a few.

Any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Simon & Rob

--

22378132181_7056cb3321_c.jpg

21746322093_44dd592442_c.jpg

22341401466_0491d51ee5_c.jpg

22378132551_e5cc5d62f7_c.jpg

What exactly is involved in the £600 tuck? Is it just massively labour intensive to be so expensive? Not knocking the price it's just something I'd planned to do diy and now I'm thinking it's a way bigger job lol

Thanks

What exactly is involved in the £600 tuck? Is it just massively labour intensive to be so expensive? Not knocking the price it's just something I'd planned to do diy and now I'm thinking it's a way bigger job lol

Thanks

Battery relocation to the boot is approcimately £100 for the cable and connectors required. not to mention youll probably need a new sealed battery as its not advised to run a vented one inside the cabin, so thats probably another £80 or so.

Rear mounted battery done properly also wil require additional earths in the bay. So thats probably a cost of £40-50 for the cabling to remake the earths.

So were already up to £250ish in materials. I would imagine its pretty labour intensive removing and refitting the loom a couple of times is an hour or two, and then the actual work of shortening it. Plus the fact that every one will be custom by the time you factor in different gauges and controllers etc baring in mind this will be the first time they are faced with the car so everything aftermarket will require looking up digrams/tracing back and testing with a multimeter.

I actually dont think the price is that crazy for offering this as a proffesional service, although if you have a long weekend and your handy with a soldering iron it is probably something you could do yourself. But for those who dont want to take the risk/spend the time I personally dont think its too far off the money.

Hi Flynn,

I think Trisk has summed it up well. (Thanks mate :)) The labour involved is fairly monumental, for someone that's done it a couple of times now it's not just a case of a few wires like fitting a boost controller or the like. You also need to account to run the wires and mount the fuse box inside the cabin the dash also needs to come out which further adds to the already suggested above.

Cheers

Firstly as I said I'm not knocking the price I am just genuinely interested in what's involved. From reading a few past threads on wire tucking I knew it would be heavy on the time element but wasn't sure what extra parts needed getting. My brother in law is a spark (& his old man) so will get him involved. Thanks for the info and good luck I'm sure lots of people will use you guys! Great to see an active trader on here again!

Cheers Joe

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the comments Stevie!

Please do not hesitate to get in touch when you are ready, we can combine this work with any other work you may need at the same time as to do the best tuck it is an engine out job! :thumbsup:

this looks well minted will be looking into it in the future :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comments Stevie!

Please do not hesitate to get in touch when you are ready, we can combine this work with any other work you may need at the same time as to do the best tuck it is an engine out job! :thumbsup:

nice one buddy cheers for this it could be middle of summer 2017 if this is ok as car is parked away for winter

i.e do you mean things like ancillary pipes clean the engine ?

No problem at all.

We can do literally anything you want, make it as mint as you want, you tell us what you'd like and we will do the rest.

The pictures from our demo glanza as pictures also had the ABS removed which makes a world of difference in our opinion, not only does the oe system clog up the bay - weighs alot - the system doesn't work very well at all. PAS was also removed which tidies everything up and If you wish to retain this we can fit an electric power steering system!

Regards

Simon

nice one buddy cheers for this it could be middle of summer 2017 if this is ok as car is parked away for winter

i.e do you mean things like ancillary pipes clean the engine ?

haha - agreed it gives heaps more room and working on the car becomes inherently easier!

We are based just north of Bedford, so a little way from you but I can always assist with transport between stations etc.

Regards

Simon

yeah man defo sounds good who needs pas anyways lol

it does look well tidy and it would give more room

may i ask where are you based as I'm away up in scotland

Horrible job to sort out only engine related looms from EE100 Corolla, trying to do simple 4E-FE swap to EP70 Starlet, keeping part of original looms for lights, wiper, blower, clocks, etc. Free bump for your services, sounds cheap when thinking how much time these kind of jobs takes, not for beginners.

IMG_20161125_202838_zpswiibemyu.jpg

IMG_20161218_122456_zpsfkk9ibkl.jpg

Thank you for the bump and kind words MR-2, it is kindly appreciated!

I agree, wiring can be a nightmare and extremely easy to make basic mistakes, as you say experience is key!

I hope you manage to get your project sorted and let me know how you get on and if need any assistance!

Best wishes

Simon