Scott Nissan March turbo, jdm yo

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reaching a problem with this car. RUST! I mean loads! I love this car and its not going. Two things I hate about this car. the rust, I mean the shell is shagged. whole floor pan is gone, rear tubs are gone, sills are badly repair. Also the fact this car has a bloody sunroof. On K10s they are nothing but problems. They leak, cause sill rust, let wind noise in etc etc.

Starting to think it may be a good idea to reshell it with a non sunroof shell. Seems the wisest idea? Opinions?

your from n Ireland arnt you mate ? I used to see a few of these about years ago as well a guy that worked in Nissan malusk used to own one definitely a march probably still a few hiding in n i

Just outside Belfast mate, yea there was 3 of them seen about Bangor regularly back in the days, was chatting with the mate over Xmas and he minds them too, class wee cars and I'd say very scarce now. Nissan in dundonald had one too that sat at the back of the yard for years.

Back then i had a 98 SI Micra full max power style lol

Reaching a problem with this car. RUST! I mean loads! I love this car and its not going. Two things I hate about this car. the rust, I mean the shell is shagged. whole floor pan is gone, rear tubs are gone, sills are badly repair. Also the fact this car has a bloody sunroof. On K10s they are nothing but problems. They leak, cause sill rust, let wind noise in etc etc.

Starting to think it may be a good idea to reshell it with a non sunroof shell. Seems the wisest idea? Opinions?

Sounds pretty terminal bud, I'd start looking a good shell as theres no many left. Ideally you want to find some auld doll with one in the garage from the 90s :)

Also looks like I wont be able to register the car as nissan are not playing ball. So issue is the car will then be under a UK vin plate and vin number. I know its only a shell but its a rare car so I dont want anyone trying to claim its a replica or something

You will need to have it MOT by the chassis number probably then be easy enough to register??

got all the paperwork to register it except and official date of manufacture and it needs an mot. Can't mot until I get a date and the mot document doesn't count as the date. So yeah I'm screwed.

If I can't get the date there is no way I can register this car. Then it would have to be a reshell which would be annoying as I want it to be a march shell still

having same problem with my charade. no three door shells kicking around. starlet boys dont know how easy they have it! reminds me, did you have any luck with that guy with the matching seat to mine?

Lost the guys number mate but I keel on messaging on the kei car forum. Havnt got a reply yet.

Glad to hear it, the gen1 celica boys where able to get the manufacturer date of build for tax exemption as build and first reg date differed in a good few of them

I always get told that Japanese are really nice to deal with. UK companies are just a pain in the arse. BMW is the worst.

I always get told that Japanese are really nice to deal with. UK companies are just a pain in the arse. BMW is the worst.

Toyota aren't any better. One of my engines doesnt have full engine number. Email toyota UK a few times and get a contact that can email japan for me.

Few weeks later i chase them up to be told JP emailed back a couple of weeks earlier but they didnt forward it on. Not much use though as they just said the cars too old to be on their databases and that all cars come with an engine number, i need to go to toyota uk so they can point me towards it. -_-

Basically toyota JP know they had a few levins leave the factory without engine numbers and now they just refuse to acknowledge it!

Hope you have more luck with your query though!

Toyota aren't any better. One of my engines doesnt have full engine number. Email toyota UK a few times and get a contact that can email japan for me.

Few weeks later i chase them up to be told JP emailed back a couple of weeks earlier but they didnt forward it on. Not much use though as they just said the cars too old to be on their databases and that all cars come with an engine number, i need to go to toyota uk so they can point me towards it. -_-

Basically toyota JP know they had a few levins leave the factory without engine numbers and now they just refuse to acknowledge it!

Hope you have more luck with your query though!

manufactures have done some right dodgy stuff. always remember my dad telling me some of the things vauxhall/GM have done.

Nissan japan have been contact so I hope they will reply with the details. All I will need to do then is get the car through an MOT and register it.

Another problem which may be BIG is all the paperwork isnt in my name. So may need to contact the previous owner and get him to write a letter saying all the paperwork now belongs to me.

Just got a reply back from Nissan japan. Basically got a great big FUCK YOU from them. This is what I got.

With regard to your inquiry, we regret to inform you that currently Nissan takes its position not to allow providing information for the market that the vehicle is not developed or manufactured.

We are sorry that we are unable to give you support despite the fact we appreciate your patronage of our product.  Your understanding would be highly appreciated.

In short because I plan to use the car in a market the car wasnt intended for they are not willing to help. If anyone can think of a smart reply to atleast get them to confirm the age of the vehicle with the VIN that would be great.

Edited by mas12555

Id try getting in contact with some uk importers mate. They have contacts in japan so could possibly go directly to them and try get the info that way.

I was thinking this. Need to find one who is willing to help without asking a stupid amount of money. Issue is with our generation is that nothing comes free. Even help/advise.