Scott Nissan March turbo, jdm yo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you not tried one of those online VIN number decoders?

Or rang nissans parts and say youre looking for parts but only have the VIN number, sure they can identify the car from that

Its a japanese VIN so wont be on any form of UK database

Issue is its an old 80s VIN number so it isnt as organised as the late 80s/90s VIN numbers. Decoders dont understand them and they are also too short for decoders to recognise them.

Also main problem is I need written proof of the date/year from a manufacture or a car club.

go with that so pal and just respray to what ever colour you like

Found some pictures of a red march turbo in ireland. rarest colour. most common was white, then the two tone white/blue and lastly was red/black.

DSC_0016.jpg

Image262.jpg

Image257.jpg

Starting to like the red. plus its the easiest option. paintwork on the donor car is great. all i will have to do is paint the bodykit black and get the bootlid sprayed red

Edited by mas12555

got two weeks off soon so I plan to get the turbo engine in, gearbox, whole wiring loom, fuel tank and dashboard. Also need to fit the fuel return line. Should be possible in two weeks. going to keep all the body standard looking until i get all the engine running right and mapped. will be a proper little sleeper for awhile.

Thats the best thing you can ever have done best off luck with it.

cheers mate. the shell is really clean. Car drives so nice as well. Defiantly tell it has had an easy life. Most annoying thing is the sunroof on the car isnt even OEM so its leaking and cant get a replacement so I am just going to weld it up. Bonus is this means there is no drainage ducts to the sills which is why they are not rotted out.

No idea on the colour yet but the plan is to get the car running right and at good power. Then its going to be stripped to a bare shell, complete shell respray and then I can colour code the march turbo body panels. Most likely going white.

well if you puting the turbo engine in first you have to spray the engine bay before that as the engine bay diffent colour to the rest off the car will look poo

Just going to enjoy the car being turboed for this year. Then next winter the whole shell will get stripped again. These micras are so easy to work on. Dont even need an engine crane to take out the engines. One man can lift them.

Yes love the stock Micras was my first car to drive so i am sure the turbo engine is in a class off its own. love this build as it is different

the engine is only 86bhp stock but a guy from Finland has been running 180bhp for years now with no issues. With the bigger turbo the car has should be good for atleast 140 once i get it mapped with nistune.

This year the car is going sleeper mode until I got the funds for the respray.

This years target is

Polo steel wheels 5.5j with 185/60/13 nankang ns2r.

Nistune ecu and mapped, hoping for 150bhp.

Fit an LSD

Fit decent suspension (maybe coilovers)

Poly bush

Bigger brakes

Fit a charge cooler and maybe meth injection

Updated clutch

Uprated fuel pump

Should leave me with a standard looking micra but with hopefully at least 150bhp.

Good man any photos?

Only pictures I got mate. Was quite dark when I finished. Was hoping to get more done. I know the wiring loom in Micra K10s are simple and not much to them but I still wanted to take the time and label any wire that I might question where it goes.

16105608_160522887768220_511964999865054

16105564_160523131101529_719650875498835

16113936_160523084434867_413787054896861

More pictures required.....

I used to own a K11 with a SR20DE whilst i was at uni haha. I know how much fun they are.

presume you were part of the MSC at one stage?

Also sat here thinking that the engine is quite high millage and I dont know its history. May do a whole top end rebuild, regrind the valves (may get bigger valves), port match all the ports on the head and manifolds. Or the sake of £400 I can buy a whole new engine and rebuild that with new internals.

• 2 weeks later...