Scott Nissan March turbo, jdm yo

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to be a long few months. Trying to source as many brand new parts as possible. So far within uk as its cheapest but UK dealers are useless as they throw most of it away. So far I have headlights, side repeaters, windscreen seal, wishbones, front wheel bearings, rear hub with bearings, rear drums with shows and pulsar caliper rebuild kit.

I have found this amazing website which is linked with dealers in japan. Means I can get every last part for the March even down to the original warning/info stickers. Heres what I plan to buy. window seals, weather strips inside and out, roof strips with caps, rear window seal, march spec rear lights, march spec side repeaters, march turbo mid spoiler, original march turbo decals/labels, front indicators and any other little bits I got missing. Here is the website. They do gt turbo and glanza parts as well. https://www.epcdata.ru/

Also got new wheels! 4x114.3 so I plan to redrill the rear drums/hubs and use adapters on the front. Already managed to source brand new metal centre cap labels.

34111348180_492f008968_b.jpg 34111348090_8841c737ac_z.jpg

Also here is a picture of the car back when it was in Bulgaria. Before it had the worlds worst respray.

33686571133_694e231c76_b.jpg

Here is what the stripe on the side of the car looks like. So chuffed that I can still get it new.

33686570923_05be608d10_b.jpg

Also picked up two very rare sets of optional extra wind deflectors. first set are stainless steel which I already got, these are very early ones. Second set are the later ones but still march turbo era and were an option. They are plastic and cover the whole window like a normal wind deflector. These are currently awaiting import.

34336319592_e63d2aa451_k.jpg

34336316282_73696103b7_k.jpg

34111347990_453d4042de_z.jpg

Edited by mas12555
  • 4 weeks later...

Just more part collecting. Managed to source an original optional extra roll cage for the car. Just a half cage which is designed to work with the full interior and still take passengers in the rear. Just another cool optional extra for the car.

Made any progress restoring the shell at all?

Must have quite a collection of parts now id imagine haha

yeah massive collection mate. got a whole garage of just parts. well the Restoration is put on hold for awhile as i need to clear the garage out before i can restore the shell in it.

Haha im clearing some of mine out as i got too many.

Will be good to see the retoration come along, always been a sucker for retro jap motors :D

Same here I love them. Reason why its taken priority over the daihatsu. Just waiting on the import costs for the cage at the moment which I am not looking foward to.

Also pretty sure I will be buying a camera and doing vlogs of the build. Just something I have always wanted to do.

• 2 months later...

Looking at the unit tomorrow after work. I am very excited. Nice 2 car unit. plenty of room to restore the car and have a nice little work bench.

On another note some of the parts I have collected have come and since I lasted spoke about parts I have found some epic stuff.

I got some brand new march rubber floor matts, brand new oem plastic wind deflectors and oem metal wind deflectors.

I got the following coming from japan.

The march turbo, super turbo and R had an insane options list. mainly performance parts made my nismo. I have managed to bag one of the rarest options going. The optional nismo roll cage. Its only a little half cafe which allows you to have a full interior but its just so cool that a cage was an optional extra.

36303828860_2b8c8b750f_z.jpg

35889343753_148f629ac4_z.jpg

36303828910_a9b2f777c7_z.jpg

Managed to get myself a nismo strut brace as well

35889343643_ff110963e7_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...