Corolla inlet manifold

Hi people first post, but I'm sure it's been asked quite a few times tried searching for a thread but came up with nothing that helps

A mate has found me a corolla inlet manifold for my 4efe engine and i want to know if it bolts straight on with no dramas and is there anything else I'll need to worry about.

Also will I need the corolla throttle body or will the one on my starlet fit

Go easy I'm quite new to modifying cars

Thanks

Its very easy to do mate, remove the fuel rail and injectors to make it handy. There are a few pipes that you will need to adjust to fit too. I'm also using the Rolla throttle body too. Was dynoed recently at 86.6 hp standard is 74 so they do work :)

New inlet Mani gasket and tb gasket. Shouldn't need to remove any pipes from the tb but mark them if you do as it's easy to get muddled up. Finally there's a bolt onto a bracket from the underside of the standard inlet. Hard to see. Just have a good look at all the vac pipes on the standard Mani first and your sorted .

Gaskets are just standard ones for the starlet. Be cheap from Toyota if a trader on here cant hook you up. Also as above I used 2 big washers on the throttle cable. You'll know what we mean when you look at the cable mounting point and compare the 2

If you have an engine light you can find out what its for by getting a a bit of wire and bridging port te1 and e1 and turning the igntion on. The engine light will then flash a sequence

The port is in the engine bay by the fuse box.

If its a constant flash then its not much use as that means its fine but if its out of time you have to wait for the long pause and count them

Will be like flash flash . flash .......

That would be 21.

Then just google toyota ecu error codes