Anybody use Ross pistons and scat rods?

I Have ross pistons and scat rods in my forged 4e running 1.4 bar hybrid td04 nearly 2 years with no problem, dont use speed vision hg tho, and people have even commented on how quite of a forged engine mine is, it sounds as good as standard

awesome pistons. can take a lot of boost. been using them on my own car since 2007 and have customers who are using them too. they do not have much slap at all, most time you experience slap because machine shops machine the block without a torque plate.

My EP70 engine has 74.5mm ross pistons on scat rods. don't get any slap with mine. obviously had to notch the block slightly for the scat rods. I boosted it within reason right from the first drive to help bed the rings in but I haven't pushed the boost up too high yet as I'm not chasing power with it at this stage. seems very capable though! and agree with above, I've always used genuine Toyota headgaskets on all my engines even after block decked and head skimmed and never had a problem.

What alloy spec has the highest silicone content?

Phil

4032 has higher silicone content :thumbsup:

Anywhere between 6% and 13% silicone usually. Not usually ideal for high boost applications because the gudgeon pin boss will flex and seize the piston in the cylinder.

2618 has below 3% silicone, flexes less, greater thermal expansion. Critical to get piston - bore clearances correct.

4032 has higher silicone content :thumbsup:

Anywhere between 6% and 13% silicone usually. Not usually ideal for high boost applications because the gudgeon pin boss will flex and seize the piston in the cylinder.

2618 has below 3% silicone, flexes less, greater thermal expansion. Critical to get piston - bore clearances correct.

would you happen to know the silicone content in stock pistons?---if any? as i'm not clued in this area

just asking for possible comparison sake