Imo just use a standard gasket. I'm going to assume your getting the car mapped and your not aiming for a high comp build, if that's the case you won't notice much difference off boost with lower comp as the mapped will add more timing down low to compensate the lower cylinder pressures. Obviously this only works to a certain extent but once your using a set of pistons that are readily available the lowest cr you'll have is 7.5:1. Obviously this is all guesstimation but in my opinion your fine with standard.

If I use a standard gasket compression would be around 140 150 which I'm trying to avoid with the head gasket, would like to be running 20psi of boost if possible and I currentlly have a t517z which is basically a tdo5 16g so the standard head gasket compression would not be ideal

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Yes Adam ARP headbolts was even told to use 20 valve ARP which are thicker

Would you not have had to drill and re-tap the threads if their larger? Or do you mean you've got studs?

Try the gasket Colin has mentioned, I would be claying the motor just to be sure of valve to piston clearances.

Would you not have had to drill and re-tap the threads if their larger? Or do you mean you've got studs?

Try the gasket Colin has mentioned, I would be claying the motor just to be sure of valve to piston clearances.

Yes would require drill and retap

And will be getting the gasket

If I use a standard gasket compression would be around 140 150 which I'm trying to avoid with the head gasket, would like to be running 20psi of boost if possible and I currentlly have a t517z which is basically a tdo5 16g so the standard head gasket compression would not be ideal

based on your goals, i'd suggest you just use 4efte ARP headbolts....no need for any fancy and expensive drilling, retapping, etc

stock bolts may even work...but ARP would be safer

• 2 weeks later...

Is there a formula to fine out what compression I would get per cylinder with these pistons? Are would I have to do the usual test

CR = (Cylinder Volume + Combustion Chamber Volume) / Combustion Chamber Volume