CoolerWorx CNC'd Short Shifter

I was at Autosport International yesterday and spoke with the guy responsible for CoolerWorx shifters.

Currently, he doesn't have an application for our cars, but seemed interested to work with me in producing something for the starlet.

u9inGGl.png

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGQrFlxPi3s&ab_channel=MusabAljbory

I have a spare shifter I intend to send him, and see how things go.

Is there any other interest in these, to give you an idea, they had a special offer on shifters at the show for £300, so expect to pay that for one of these.

Edited by TimD
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a normal H-Pattern shifter, it just replaces the standard plastic thing.

As far as I'm aware it makes shifting shorter, and a more positive experience, never used one, but similar things from other manufactures get rave reviews. It will also allow the shifter to by longer and closer to the steering wheel too, oh, and look bad ass.

This is a normal H-Pattern shifter, it just replaces the standard plastic thing.

As far as I'm aware it makes shifting shorter, and a more positive experience, never used one, but similar things from other manufactures get rave reviews. It will also allow the shifter to by longer and closer to the steering wheel too, oh, and look bad ass.

Using with stock cables?

theres always time ;)

these do look awesome!

Well I've spent a bit of time looking at the design into making a billet ally shifter.

The toyota one is a bit more complicated to the honda one but I've got the main pivot mechanism sorted, I've opted away from the ball type and gone with something different but it will allow for much greater adjustablity and will look pretty special if i get a chance to make it.

20170118_231600.jpg

This is just a mock up to see if the 2 pivots will work, the outer box would be a frame running down to a base and forward to the cable mounts.

I've also Just now figured out how to allow the left right movement to work in a straight updown motion, compared to the oem which pivots on a arc controlled by the cable arm rocker.

Will spend a bit of time tomorrow afternoon mocking up a rough design of how i envision it to see if it might work.

P.s bare with my solidworks skills as im self taught as a mould tool designer haha

Spent a bit nore time playing with ideas, made it into something more recognisable, think the base design would work, ideally it needs bearings adding but im going off the idea of shoulder bolts that we use on mould tools at work for the time being.

This is based on a corolla shifter so measurements will be slightly different but its 99% the same.

One of the base mounting holes is right where the main structure is so will need to do something with that and obviously finish off all the missing parts.

20170120_175632.jpg

20170120_175604.jpg

20170120_175722.jpg

Left movement, there will be two shoulder bolts to allow the bearing cage to slide in and out a bit.

20170120_175752.jpg

I might change things a bit more, i like the idea of it beig fully adjustable, hence the upper and lower arms being able to be moved in and out and locked with grub screws.

I might make the rocker arm on the side ajustable as well but I've already reduced the side to side throw by about 10% by shortening the arm one way and extending the other.

Its about time there was an aftermarket starlet shifter in progress!

The OEM one is pretty poor compared to other cars.. even with a short shifter and solid bushes in the cables.

Whats the chances of that ever making it to life Morgey?