Easy rear camber, no increased track and no spare axle needed

Not big write up as i'm falling sleep :lazy:

What started off as a lazy phone call to Gary91... ended in being in the garage stripping the rear axle, brakes and suspension off my car as i wanted some camber.

After reading a few threads and builds claiming there was some gains to be had in handling (and better clearance for my wheels)

I didn't want to increase the track and have to get a donner axle to cut the stubs off.

so this is what we did.

IMG_20170115_134217_zpspqtcabwa.jpg

With some measuring and cutting 1 cut was where the beam meets the plate the stub is welded to.

I added 1.5 degrees

IMG_20170115_134231_zpsuky8gtzh.jpg

The second cut was below the stub as you can see above, not cut all the way through! Also the cut was ground out to be filled out properly.

I have a feeling there will be criticism on my method but at the end day i didn't just start welding a fabricating yesterday :D

This took me a few hours with no machining! Just some good measuring, cutting and welding and double checking everything.

Any questions :)

Edited by mark1991

Works and hopefully holds also. This job need very stable hands, every mm affects camber, how much did You tooked away by the way?

In Finland law don't allow to do such a modifications to axle, so it needs good grinding and painting :p

Overall it's a 2mm gap, and pulled over 1.5mm. once everything is spot on a tack weld in place and the take a 1mm cutting disc and open out the cut (to get good penetration) and then place 2 more tacks and check all your measurements again