Please bare with me on explaining this but I have an issue with wheel vibration in low revs when releasing the clutch and at speeds of 70 and just over but I can't place what's causing it. I noticed when I had my wheels off to clean them that on the n/s I could move the hub part from left to right using the thread for the wheel nuts, however on the other side there is zero movement. There isn't any movement however when the wheel is back on?

I've considered a few options like tracking, balancing, clutch release bearing or even just the wheel bearing but I'm out of my comfort zone in the sense I'm just guessing based on what I've read. I have recently had tyres replaced with tracking done and if anything it's made the vibration worse!

Might be worth mentioning I have always had a sort of warbling noise with not enough acceleration due to my clutch being non standard but you can visibly see the wheel vibrating/juddering from the outside and it's worrying me a little. Any help or advice would be very much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

could try the rear wheels on the front could be damaged rim, could be something to do with rack.

Thanks for the reply, I tried swapping the wheels but I've had all my tracking set up now so don't really want to change it. Hadn't thought of the rack, how would I go about checking play/wear in it?

Could be a heap of things tbh.

To check wheel bearings jack the front up and put a hand top and bottom of the wheel and try rock the wheel. If it feels like its rocking then the bearing needs doing.

Do the same left and right on the wheel. This can test track rods and steering rack if you feel any knocking.

You could also have a driveshaft gone. They have a bush half way down them which if knackered can cause vibration.

Engine mount. Again if worn may cause a judder when pulling away.

If youre not sure id get a garage to have a look imho.

Could be a heap of things tbh.

To check wheel bearings jack the front up and put a hand top and bottom of the wheel and try rock the wheel. If it feels like its rocking then the bearing needs doing.

Do the same left and right on the wheel. This can test track rods and steering rack if you feel any knocking.

You could also have a driveshaft gone. They have a bush half way down them which if knackered can cause vibration.

Engine mount. Again if worn may cause a judder when pulling away.

If youre not sure id get a garage to have a look imho.

It's like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I've checked the bearings multiple times to find zero movement on all wheels and the track rod ends were described as good, condition wise when I had my tyres replaced. I might just take it to a garage, I wanted to avoid it if possible I always come away feeling fobbed off! I will check the things you've mentioned though because if I can avoid going to a garage I will so thank you for your advice dude.

Pete - no it just felt a lot worse after but, I noticed the hub part moves slightly from left to right before I had them changed as I was checking for a bad wheel bearing, but as I said when the wheels on there's no movement when jacked up apart from when your sat at bite point the wheel judders.

Bluebear - You know I don't actually know, if that is the issue then that would be a massive relief because I am genuinely ready to take the bloody thing apart! The only thing is I've owned the car with the same wheels for nearly 2 years now, would it not of caused issues sooner if they was missing the spigot rings? Unless I've lost one of course whilst taking the wheels off ok well I'm going to have to check them now so I can at least rule out that, thank you!

Pete - no it just felt a lot worse after but, I noticed the hub part moves slightly from left to right before I had them changed as I was checking for a bad wheel bearing, but as I said when the wheels on there's no movement when jacked up apart from when your sat at bite point the wheel judders.

Bluebear - You know I don't actually know, if that is the issue then that would be a massive relief because I am genuinely ready to take the bloody thing apart! The only thing is I've owned the car with the same wheels for nearly 2 years now, would it not of caused issues sooner if they was missing the spigot rings? Unless I've lost one of course whilst taking the wheels off � ok well I'm going to have to check them now so I can at least rule out that, thank you!

A wheel vibration is relatively simple to identify and remedy if you know what you are doing, without meaning this is the wrong way it sounds like you are struggling. Take it to a garage it will take them less than 5 minutes to identify the issue.

A wheel vibration is relatively simple to identify and remedy if you know what you are doing, without meaning this is the wrong way it sounds like you are struggling. Take it to a garage it will take them less than 5 minutes to identify the issue.

No no it's fine lol, truth is I am there is no denying I'm lacking in skill and knowledge here. I just wanted to avoid going to a garage if it was simple enough to resolve but as there are so many variables I'm definitely in over my head to be honest. Thank you

And thank you to everyone who took the time ...

No no it's fine lol, truth is I am there is no denying I'm lacking in skill and knowledge here. I just wanted to avoid going to a garage if it was simple enough to resolve but as there are so many variables I'm definitely in over my head to be honest. Thank you �

And thank you to everyone who took the time ...

You can always go to a garage and get it diagnosed, they would then tell you what is wrong give you a quote to repair it and book it in, either play the hesitant card over money or book it in and dont show up on the day and just have a friend or if you want to try then repair it yourself. An accurate diagnosis is the difficult thing changing parts is easy more often than not its just removing nuts and bolts.