what do you do to your coilovers to keep them in tip top condition?

Is there anything you can put on to the threads to stop grit and dirt getting in there and seizing them up ?

I mean you could clean them but its a bit of hassle having to take the wheels off all the time to give them a scrub ect so wanted to know if there is like a grease I could put on them to protect them.

Meister do and anti rust chemical but i do not see this doing anything for protecting the threads.

Thanks

Depends on the material of the coilover and the treatment they get.

Some like Tein/BC etc I've seen have had a fair bit of corrosion. Others like KW and Bilstein come zinc plated and seem up to much more road abuse.

• 3 weeks later...

Not long fitted my BC's, copper greased the hell out of them and also brought the Tegiwa 300mm socks. I originally brought some 2nd hand BC's from ebay as they were sold as fully functioning, were they hell, the shock body was seized solid with the mount. Got my money back thank god through ebay.

Edited by StanMan

Not long fitted my BC's, copper greased the hell out of them and also brought the Tegiwa 300mm socks. I originally brought some 2nd hand BC's from ebay as they were sold as fully functioning, were they hell, the shock body was seized solid with the mount. Got my money back thank god through ebay.

??? what ??? that confused me

??? what ??? that confused me

I was pretty tired when I wrote that lol.

Basically I bought some 2nd hand BC coilovers from ebay. They were described as fully functioning and adjustable, when they arrived the ride height adjustment was seized solid because they had not been properly maintained with anti-seize. I sent them back and got my money back.

Edited by StanMan