Suspected head gasket failure

Hi people. Noticed my coolant level had dropped considerably the other week on my forged 4e. Ran some tests and couldn't find any leaks. I did notice that a fair amount of coolant had shot out the top of the expansion tank. Also ran it with the rad cap off and it will bubble continually. All of this to me points to head gasket. The engine, that was built not that long ago, was fitted with a 1.2 athena gasket. Have many of these failed before in a similar way? And should i set about getting the head off asap?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Purchased a little cheap tester kit from ebay and the blue liquid turned yellow fairly quickly, indicating it failed 😞 . So is there anything i need to know before i set about the strip down? Going to purchase a new gasket, cam belt and get the head checked and skimmed. Anything else i need to be aware of?

Thanks

The motor has done approximately 10 thousand easy miles from being fully forged at stage 2. I thought it was rather early lol. Hopefully The block hasn't split or something lame like that. How do I check for block failures?

Thanks for replys

• 4 weeks later...