7 minutes ago, 5e colin said:

Good going 

What u doing with the ct9 manifold ,?? If us selling give me a pm mate

Yeah I probably will sell it but it has been welded and it’s not the prettiest, but it works 30721DBB-E155-4887-B965-91685A42664D.thu

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the kit on yesterday and took it for a test, as I came into boost there was a big bang/pop and it wouldn’t make any boost after that and started running very lean. New td04 cartridge is going in tomorrow as no boost pipes were leaking.

1 hour ago, akyakapotter said:

I see your td04 has an external wastegate take it you have welded the internal gate shut?  

Cheers nick 

Yeah it’s been welded shut, taking the turbo off again tomorrow. If it isn’t that then I have no idea, unless the fuel pump has given up but it was fine before the td04

1 hour ago, akyakapotter said:

Sweet did you find what the issue was with the other core?  

Cheers nick 

Yeah, the cast ring on the compressor side had come off and it must’ve been sitting wrong and I think it also looks like it’s running leaner because I’m hardly running any boost. Wastegate works as it should and sounds amazing

• 2 weeks later...

My walbro 255 packed in the other day and left me stranded so i had to put the original back in. Just ordered a Kemso 340 to try out and see if its any good as there isn't many reviews and its only £30

• 4 weeks later...

It's all down to personal preference imo they all have good and bad reviews.

I personaly run a spec unsprung 6 puk with a light weight flywheel been ok for me appart from having to have a bit of the clutch cover taken off so it didn't make contact with the bell housing. also depends on your budget aswell. 

Cheers nick 

1 minute ago, akyakapotter said:

It's all down to personal preference imo they all have good and bad reviews.

I personaly run a spec unsprung 6 puk with a light weight flywheel been ok for me appart from having to have a bit of the clutch cover taken off so it didn't make contact with the bell housing. also depends on your budget aswell. 

Cheers nick 

Yeah that’s the thing, I was looking at Competition clutch and then saw that a lot of people have had problems and I want to go get my car mapped so I don’t want any issues 

• 5 months later...
On 1/22/2018 at 2:50 PM, Healey said:

My walbro 255 packed in the other day and left me stranded so i had to put the original back in. Just ordered a Kemso 340 to try out and see if its any good as there isn't many reviews and its only £30

Im pretty curious to the kemso 340 fuel pump. Some say you really need an fuel pressure regulator because of the power it has. sytec fuel pumps 255 are also good but noisy