Coming back to the starlets

I'm sure some of you lads have already came back once or twice, and I would value your inputs.

Basically i am now a few months away from putting a deposit down on my first home. but money won't be too much of an issue. I currently daily a Yaris t sport and have a BMW e92 335i needing to sell up. Originally when I sold the glanza I wanted something more (grown up). Although the out and out performance of the 335i is very impressive for what it is,but I am left feeling quite empty after driving it, and realising also that having something more "grown" up isn't necessarily what makes your heart content.

If you have been in the same situation or similar I'd love to hear your side of the story

Is it a good idea to get back in the starlets

My car was running 1 bar ct9 decided to remove all mods and sell them as I was saving for house deposit. Car was put in garage in a sorry state and forgotten about. Fast forward few years and I'm to build it up again, couldn't bring myself to part with it at the time though had though about it.

I haven't any experience with this myself.

After three years of ownership, and only 500 miles driving it, I can't exactly say I'd ever consider selling up. Not at this point.

But if the day comes that I do decide to sell, you gotta move forwards in life.

Variety is the spice of life, you've had a Starlet, been there done that. I think you should move on.

Plenty of good motors out there.

If you're in the position to have a Starlet and another Toy, then do it. But if you can only have one car, I'd say have something that interests you.

Honestly id stay away from a glanza until you have your new home sorted ..... ive been saving for a glanza since i got my first home 18months ago and honestly i have £0 in the glanza fund 😂 everytime i get some, house bills or renovations crop up that are more important.

And coming from the lovely glanza you had before your not going to be happy until its better than the first! I love starlets in general but 90% of people will say there money pits :( so easy to modify and parts readily available doesn't help.

This is only my thoughts but having splashed 22k on a house deposit and fees id rather spend any spare money bettering the property's value than spend thousands on modifing a glanza ...... once the house is right its game on though 😆👍

James

Had my first one maybe 10 years back and just closing a chapter on my most recent one.

Not sure I'll be back in one, but also not ruling a future racecar out that's for sure

Phil

Thanks for your input people

Well it seems I'm getting another....lol

have you found one yet rob ?

Going to look at that 98 spec today

For anyone interested I wouldnt be modifying much, all these big intercoolers so any loud exhaust don't bother me any more.

Thanks for your input people

have you found one yet rob ?

Going to look at that 98 spec today

For anyone interested I wouldnt be modifying much, all these big intercoolers so any loud exhaust don't bother me any more.

How was it? Im going to look at a couple tomoz but haven't called on that white one.

Im getting one more to develop some parts so it won't be too mad. Ill keep the interior in this one :)

How was it? Im going to look at a couple tomoz but haven't called on that white one.

Im getting one more to develop some parts so it won't be too mad. Ill keep the interior in this one :)

Yes rob was nice some bits on the body work that needed attention to be perfect but was near stock, didn't even have plates on yet

Yes rob was nice some bits on the body work that needed attention to be perfect but was near stock, didn't even have plates on yet

You gonna buy it? Wont bother calling them tomoz if so.

What was on it bodywork wise?

I can't commit to it as I'm waiting for my bimmer to go. It was missing a fastener out the corner of the front bumper and there was a flake of paint come of it, and all the black plastics look nasty but apart from that was nice

I had my gt for 4 years and loved it every day. The day it left I was heart broken I'm 4 years now without it and keep telling myself one day I'll be back in one. I will make it happen as its my dream car. I'll only use it on a nice weekend as my little hobby. Yes people think grow up get a real car etc... but it what makes you happy and they do stock or big bhp . A lot people even come back after evos skylines etc... just something about them. My thought off it.

I had my gt for 4 years and loved it every day. The day it left I was heart broken I'm 4 years now without it and keep telling myself one day I'll be back in one. I will make it happen as its my dream car. I'll only use it on a nice weekend as my little hobby. Yes people think grow up get a real car etc... but it what makes you happy and they do stock or big bhp . A lot people even come back after evos skylines etc... just something about them. My thought off it.

Cheers dude, I know exactly what you mean. I think people are just ignorant when they say grow up about certain cars

My first ever car on the road was a starlet 1L Van had that for a year loved it so much but sold it for a vx Nova only had that built and a lad was selling a turbo starlet what is that i said and went for a test drive and i baught it there and then, i was 17 at the time and 31 now and still buying,selling and still in love with the starlets. I have a Honda Accord for the family runs and a Toyota starlet gt turbo for myself. I hope to keep this one

I got my first one as my first car (yup, I was one of those guys) loved it, ran into trouble getting a log book sorted and had to sell, ended up buying a mk4 golf, good reliable car, very boring, so I sold it and got another, then a new job meant bigger miles and I couldn't afford to have 2 cars on the road and had to sell, got a little saxo (I know, bit different but did the job haha) later down the line I wanted another and a friend had one that was just sitting with no test and needing a good bit of work, so I did a deal and fixed it up, again loved it, but I ended up selling it too for something more reliable, got a 150 arl bora which I still have now, and I'm itching again for another starlet.. I think the bug just keeps coming back, my main problem is out of all the starlets I have had, I've had big plans for them and never ever executed any, and each time I get a new one I always end up selling before I do much to them :( anyone want to swap for a bora? Haha

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers dude, I know exactly what you mean. I think people are just ignorant when they say grow up about certain cars

Will I knew you would want another!!!

As you know I sold mine years ago I miss it all the time and keep thinking buy another. If u have somewhere to keep it and have it as a second car it's much more sensible as you can have fun on a weekend for a few hours when weathers good. Least u will look forward to driving it more. Where using as a daily would get a bit boring after a while. Go for it dude and come take me out for a spin hahahah

Will I knew you would want another!!!

As you know I sold mine years ago I miss it all the time and keep thinking buy another. If u have somewhere to keep it and have it as a second car it's much more sensible as you can have fun on a weekend for a few hours when weathers good. Least u will look forward to driving it more. Where using as a daily would get a bit boring after a while. Go for it dude and come take me out for a spin hahahah

aiden mate you wanna get back in them too you Honda cowboy. I'm just waiting as my bmw keeps deciding to break every time I start it. Still on the look out for one a nice clean starlet