Just finished getting a loom conversion done on my ep70 for a 5efte , now everything is connected as it should be there is power going to the ignitor and it was grounded , cranking over no spark, does the dizzy have to send a signal to the ecu to allow the coil to spark or is it a case of a bad coil?

Have You cutted front looms for lightning etc, there is idiot right light corner ground point, which grounds relays in fuse box, I found that problem some day when I installed 5E-FTE to my EE80 carburator Corolla, it tooked two weeks to sort that no ignition problem. Never tought that would be problem, one fucking white/black wire :)

Not sure as I havnt wired in the new clocks with a check engine light yet lol

Fuel pump is running off ignition yes there is power to coil but no spark is that a signal issue from dizzy its well earthed ran an earth direct from battery to be sure

What I'm angling at is that the ecu is powering up. Check engine light or if the fuel pump turns on when it's cranking are good tell tale signs. Throw a multimeter into the W pin and check it to 12v. Key ON that should show up.

• 4 months later...

The engine was running in another car fine the other day so I'm guessing the dizzy and coil are fine. I've rewireded the Ecu using an NA and FTE loom merged together so it's probably a problem there but everything seems to be fine according to the info I have.

Yeah there's power there, but looking at it today the ecus not registering the engine is cranking so it's not sending a signal to the infinite to produce a spark. I need a photo of the back of a 3 plug ecu wiring loom to double check the wiring.

Make sure the igniter and coil pack is bolted down to the chassis properly remember a guy who had the same issue after a conversion he didn't bolt either down to the chassis properly and was causing no spark

I can't check the codes via the diag plug as it's not connected.... but I'm guessing there's a feed to the ecu from the dizzy when it's cranking as the injectors are firing.

Yeah I tried that first, cleaned up the chassis where it's bolted and even ran a jump lead from the battery to the coil bracket and didn't make a difference.