Hi guys i know some of you guys have done itb's conversion on your starlets before and they look really good can someone please inform me on whats involved in doing the conversion i.e. parts how to do it where to gets parts from etc

thanks

Ben

A spare corolla inlet mani, set of 600cc motorbike throttle bodies, 4x silicone couplers.and basically everything else is custom and up to you how you do it. Remember throttle cable needs mounting somehow and you need to get some vacuum ports tapped into the inlet.

Honestly can't see why more people don't do it. Tbh though there's not a lot more power to be had and they can be tricky to get running right on a diy setup

A spare corolla inlet mani, set of 600cc motorbike throttle bodies, 4x silicone couplers.and basically everything else is custom and up to you how you do it. Remember throttle cable needs mounting somehow and you need to get some vacuum ports tapped into the inlet.

Honestly can't see why more people don't do it. Tbh though there's not a lot more power to be had and they can be tricky to get running right on a diy setup

Easier to turbo these engines, and more performance.

I really don't know why people want to gush over ITB when the power is minimal and the sound is nothing compared to spool.

Each to their own, but for the money I'd stick with a low PSI CT9 on an N/A over ITB.

Although given Sparky's history of posts I expect he is more testing the water rather than venturing down this route.

To get the most out of them you really need to run an aftermarket ecu and tune in alphaN (TPS mode). By playing with different intake lengths ie distance from back of valve to butterfly to end of trumpet you can shift the power band around abit. Much trickier science thats for sure. Helmholtz intake resonance is a good topic to read up on