Ct12 or Ct9 hybrid

Looking to upgrade to any of these turbo's, ct12 preferred but may take a ct9 hybrid if the price is right, looking for good condition no smoke or play etc, also not welded shut on the wastegate as need internal for now, not external.

Thanks Pat

Hello sama, to be fair mate I'm interested in wherever turbo that's a good upgrade my main concern at the moment is I can't really afford the manifold or downpipe etc, hence why I wanted to keep it a CT something so it will bolt straight on to my CT manifold and downpipe, then get it mapped 👍🏻

That is quite a good idea you know, I'm just thinking how much work it would be seems easy to do and straight forward, but nothing ever is with these bloody cars

And thanks sama will do mate 👍🏻

Yeah they're direct fitment mate I believe. Its worth noting though you'll probably need an uprated clutch, FPR, and some form of engine management to run a tf035 with a decent amount of boost. Cant say for certain but I believe the standard clutch is really too good the closer you get to 200bhp. Probably would work if you don't run too much boost though. 5e colin is probably the bloke to ask about that though, pretty sure he's got quite a bit of experience with them.

I agree sama 5e Colin will know this mate, I keep looking at his turbo set up for sale nearly every evening it's just out my price range at the minute, I have a sard fpr on at the moment, have an emanage blue too ready to go on and be mapped, and have one of them exedy clutches on too, which I'm sure is better than the standard one, (I think) it's just the turbo issue now, to get sorted 👍🏻

You'll be sorted with a TF and those mods I reckon, it's supposed to be a nice punchy turbo rather than a massive lag monster.

If you're on the standard manifold I'd just bin it and replace with a proper TD fitment one from a reputable trader. If you already have an aftermarket CT9 manifold then either cut off the old flange and get a mate etc to weld you on a new one for the TF, or just get a bolt on adaptor fabricated to convert the CT9 flange to a TF/TD one. Dean at RW used to sell those I'm sure, I think Mikey used to use one on his NA/turbo conversion.

Thanks for the comments guys currently have a zisco mani on with a racetech down pipe ( 90 % sure) I see where your going with this fozzie and it makes a lot of sense what your saying or do I bite the bullet and do what sama says and get the tf035 kit, this isn't just talk as something needs to happen soon, I just don't think it's worth getting it mapped as it stands with a standard ct9 on, I'm not looking for bit power as still on standard internals, something around 210-220 bhp

So the question is if I did get the kit what extras would I need,

Bigger injectors?

Air filter relocation kit

Pipe to go from turbo to intercooler,

Will pm Colin and ask him to read this topic

Thanks guys

Pat

the zisco is SS yes ?? get a SS tdo4 3bolt flange and weld it on , downpipe is custom jobby best made from scratch get some mild steel flanges or plates and some pipe and make own downpipe

or again use zisco 1 and shop of the flange and reweld new flange on it this al needs tig welding id say as im not sure on the ss mig option ??

no need for management if you stay under feul cut on the tfo 0.8bar is grand runs a bit rich but works

are you fmic ? or topmount i used topmount to great effect

turbo outlet facing down for fmic setup but with a pipe 180 degree back up to the topmount thats how i was running

clutch be fine id say ????????????? depends on age

no need for bigger injectors neither

Thanks for the info very appreciated mate, the zisco mani is mild steel mate, also running a fmic not top mount, I see yours has been sold Colin dam it, but I am looking into this now see what the crack is. Thanks so much mate 👍🏻

Thanks Colin mate, just to let you know I have now brought a td04 kit, so that will be going on, with standard ecu for a bit then will get it mapped 👍🏻

try sourcing a cheap 5 button ( twist nob ) safc and fcd you can easly go 1 bar then

maybe sell the tdo4 and source a tfo35hm

as i find with the tdo4 driving normally you always have to drop gear to go anywhere fast

with the tfo you stay in gear and have instant response

my experience is the tfo kicks in hard at least 600/800 rpm faster then a tdo4l-13t deu to the larger turbine shaft . the compressors are same size ( minus 1mm )

What I will do Colin mate is get it and go from there has a screamer pipe on it which I'm not to sure about at the moment, money is definitely tight now after buying it, for a month or two, I was going to do what you suggested in a post a few years ago run the td04 for now at 6/7 psi also have a sard fpr and wideband in aswell mate as long as I don't get fuel cut I'm happy 👍🏻