buying my first glanza

Don't assume just because a car is a fresh import its a better car than one thats been in the UK for a while. Also mileage isn't always a good indicator to go on. Rough starlets can have strong engines and vice versa. Mine was bought off a infamous seller on here, loads of cars had issues from him but mine had a strong engine. Important thing is you weigh up whats worth more, clean shell, good engine etc unless something ticks all the boxes!

Import papers aren't really that important, they arent a definite indication of the cars actual mileage

I know where your coming from mate with regards to genuine mileage but if you can get your hands on a japan car import de-registration form on the car then that's normally good to go off with the true milage and if you can find out if the car went through an auction and at what grade. That's what I tend to go off if I was to buy off a fresh import trader that is, but if they cannot tell you anything and they imported the car then more than likely they have clocked it,If you was to buy from a private sale though there's not much chance of finding this sort of stuff out unless any paper work to backup. Edited by mart1

My motorbike is like this to a lesser extent.

Mileage has jumped up and down the place due to changing clocks etc.

I'm a genuine person and it's not always foul play, but as said for someone in the know, they'll be tell tale signs of what's legit or not.

Good luck!

Edited by Calum122
  • 2 weeks later...