Hi folks,

Hope someone can help me out. Having a problem with my Glanza (lsd).

Since a week or so I keep hearing a click/clunk sound coming from the front.

It mostly happens when I accelerate, brake or take a corner. Also on bumps it sometimes happens. It is always a single clunk.

Took the car up on a lift. Checked the following:

- Lower ball joints (no play)

- ARB drop links (no play)

- Outer track rod ends (No play)

- Inner track rod ends (No play)

- Front brake calipers (Maybe the brake pads where turning back and forth but the little metal springs where oke)

Then I checked the driveshafts. And noticed that when I pulled on the passenger-side shaft in/out I could hear something like that clunk. Checked if the hub-nut was loose but that was tight. No play in there.

The driver-side shaft also had a little bit of play but didn't made a clunk as loud as the other side. No rotational play on either side by the way.

Is it normal to have axial play on the outer-cv joint? Thinking that maybe the passenger side cv-joint is bad, but thought that would always result in clicking in turns.

Does this clunking/clicking sounds familiar to anyone?

Edited by KRN
  • 2 weeks later...

Changed the outer CV-joints but didn't had any effect on the clicking/clunking which im hearing now much more often. Does anyone else has an idea?

Would check rear gearbox mount (as above) the 2 other engine mounts, also anti roll bar, I say anti roll bar, as this exactly what one of the work vans were doing kept clunking etc, after coming out of garage, to find out the idiots didn't tighten it back up 👍🏻

Edited by patman

Finally, solved.

Checked the anti-rollbar again and saw that the rubbers boots where torn. (Which I replaced 2 months ago for new ones!!). Had my old one lying around, swapped it and clicking/clunking gone.

Thanks everyone for the advice.