So after chucking hundreds every month at the T-sport and it still going wrong and staying pretty much standard I decided I needed to get rid of it as it was costing me far too much money to try and keep it running and driving well. At first I thought I might go for a Corolla again as they are good cars but I didn't want to end up with the same problems again so I started looking at an ep3 because it essence it was the same idea but a better car out of the box but I struggled to find a decent example and when I did the seller wanted between 7-8k for it. Whilst I was still looking for an ep3 an fn2 had come into work for an mot and after sitting in it I started to want one real bad because of how nice the interior was! So like every other car guy I was uncertain as fn2's get slated day in day out so I needed to drive one to see how they were and that's exactly what I done. Again I struggled to find one not suffering from the common roof rust or being a total bucket but in the end I ended up seeing this one that was at a local dealer to me and he would take the worlds worst Corolla as a px and the deal was done.

IMG_3831_zpsprqnt01d.jpg

IMG_3833_zpsgofh1wxf.jpg

IMG_3835_zpsbvu2pkfd.jpg

IMG_3846_zpszykv6ui3.jpg

The car is amazing to drive so smooth and quiet when you need to be but has a little grunt of noise once you put the foot down, the interior is a lovely place to be with cruise con, heated mirrors, aux, usb etc.

Handles itself better than the Corolla by far even with winter grips on the front I was genuinely quite surprised because of the hate it gets for not having independent rear suspension like the ep3 mine is a later model with LSD don't know how much of a difference that would make in the real world. Unlike the Corolla aftermarket range is massive, already got a nice carbon fiber mugen key case and spoon gear knob and I'll buy some more goodies on payday.

Edited by Cammy R

Saw you getting a bit stick on Corolla club about this lol Nice motor though. My misses has recently decided she would like a type r and we're looking at these as well. You also know if you decided to sell it wouldn't be worth 17p and a snickers like a corolla lol

Ah the humble d series, Got to say I'd rather have an ek9 than this or a dc2 but doing 15-20k a year I think I made the right choice for a nice daily

I know mate, prices are mad for em.

My only dislike with the Type R series, my ONLY dislike, is how the government have the cheek to tax them as much as they do.

That's one of the reasons I didn't get an EP3, or why I'd rather an EP2. That Tax is horrific for an N/A.

I know mate, prices are mad for em.

My only dislike with the Type R series, my ONLY dislike, is how the government have the cheek to tax them as much as they do.

That's one of the reasons I didn't get an EP3, or why I'd rather an EP2. That Tax is horrific for an N/A.

Isn't that down to the emissions?Honda's fault really lol

I took her up to Inverness show and shine over the weekend, spent a good while cleaning it and removing little scratches, felt good getting all my detailing stuff out again and getting the car as clean as I could, the car performed brilliantly all weekend and it was a good run up there.

XOiQxoG.jpg

TQLotLj.jpg

unUpdZE.jpg

VynGFD7.jpg

CbUVDBG.jpg

Rh2udE8.jpg

back at work and a few of my goodies have arrived alongside my falken ZE914's which I have heard people rate. A little sneak peak

c2eBnOd.jpg

sOEEvNQ.jpg

Edited by Cammy R

So I put on some little dress up parts last night starting with these little door latch covers with the honda badges on them

iMMJjFV.jpg

Some dust caps, massive build I know :p

uGeTbcv.jpg

Now for the more interesting part I fitted the HKS panel filter, mjc automotive dress up kit for the slam panel and super gt oil cap liking the silver so have went on a silver theme under the bonnet. Before and after pictures of the bay.

QljZ6CL.jpg

qM4DlGH.jpg

Looks much better imo, sorry for the not very interesting posts I'm moving out so money is a tad tight so I've been buying nice little bits, still some more to go on possibly over the weekend so stay tuned.

• 3 weeks later...

So the weekend of scottish car show had dawned which is the only big show that I have really been too and believe it not the mostly standard civic was on an inside stand all weekend so had to clean like I've never cleaned before to make it look presentable. Also before I went i fitted a spoon sport style gear knob and an alcantara gear gaiter (not pictured) as the old one was peeling at a meer 46K!

qk4LGLD.jpg

Some rolling shots from the way down and the final hotel pic with half of Team Torque

3NhA1kL.jpg

F7kvFEo.jpg

910SPvS.jpg

b75CR6w.jpg

RNmelOl.jpg

Was a good run down the road and surprisingly car got some attention (probably other civic owners) will try and spear my friends for some of the inside pics so everyone can see my detailing work a bit better.

• 1 month later...