This is my build for my uk spec turbo conversion, this is going to be my first big project ever and is going to be a big learning curve for me, I bought the car back in January for around £600 and had the intention of starting the conversion straight away. Instead I fell in love with the little red thing thrashing the hell out of it knowing I was changing the engine. The goal is 300hp or around that and I want it to look completely stock.

I've lost a lot of images as I broke my phone but so I'll try and explain what I've done so far in words... i completely stripped it of everything down to the shell. I've already been buying a lot of the stuff like the loom etc. I'm currently at the point of stripping the underside completely back to bare metal and painting with red oxide.

Getting the underside back to bare metal seemed like a breeze in my head but is such a messy annoying and time consuming job I kind of wish I just waxoyled it and be done with it, I used a flap disk on a angle grinder, various wire attachments on a die grinder and a £30 yato sandblasted off eBay

Nah man keep this work up.

I was literally thinking, jeez that is a lot of work for a 600 pound car, but I will tell you what, it looks worth it.

Continue to treat the metal and persist through. The results will speak for themselves.

Thanks mate! Really appreciate it, its a lot of work for a £600 car but hopefully it will pay off!

So I came across this a few months ago, which is luckily the only bad rust on the car, granted it looks pretty bad, I got a mate who's a engineer/welder he builds custom trikes and that so knows what hes talking about n he says he can help my with it, Its the bottom of the c pillar I think that's what it is correct me if I'm wrong. If anyone's had this problem and how you fixed it let me know.

A716B423-BE20-4CD1-A6B5-AEFB15B30E33_zps

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm in the process of sorting out my wiring I got the full loom from a 1996 glanza... I think anyway 😂 It didn't come with the fuse box, will I need to get the same year fuse box? or just a glanza one? Can anyone clue me up on this wiring hell? Plus is it advised to get a similar year engine and gearbox so connectors are the same? Or are they generally similar throughout all starlets?

So I'm in the process of sorting out my wiring I got the full loom from a 1996 glanza... I think anyway 😂 It didn't come with the fuse box, will I need to get the same year fuse box? or just a glanza one? Can anyone clue me up on this wiring hell? Plus is it advised to get a similar year engine and gearbox so connectors are the same? Or are they generally similar throughout all starlets?

From experience I've learnt a couple of things. An Ep82 turbo engine loom will not fit into an ep91, it's just not worth the Agro trying to make it fit.

The easiest way to do the wiring is either using a 96spec or 98 spec engine loom and ecu depending on what you have 96/98 spec NA. It's pretty much plug and play and needs minimal work.

Or you can use the NA loom that's already in the car and add the bits you need from the turbo loom you have such as distributer, coil/amp, knock sensor, 02 sensor, intake air temp, idle control valve ect and then Repin the NA loom to fit a turbo ecu. If you have an understanding of electrics and can follow electric wiring diagrams it's not as hard as it sounds.

As for engines it would be easier to use a glanza engine as things such as the coolant temp sensors are the same but it's not masssive deal if they're not you can just spade connector them.

Edited by Budnbass
  • 3 weeks later...