Glanza V in Tokyo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Calum122 said:

Such a beautiful country!

Nice skyline as well!

Cheers!  We got really lucky with some perfect weather that.  And yeah, the Skyline isn't too bad hahaha  Tuned by Top Secret, makes about 380AWHP on HKS GT-SSs...I am quite jealous of it...and yet my completely standard little Starlet on decent tires can keep up in the twisties pretty well ;)

9 hours ago, mart1 said:

Looking good and the skyline, still many glanzas  about over there?  and what price?  going up in value at all.  

Over here up and down trade dealers £6500

Thank you!  They're around, but I don't think there's a huge market for them.  In general prices are probably about the same, maybe a bit less.  I got pretty lucky with mine and paid, according to Google, about £3100 including all the paperwork.  That said, I have only seen 1 or maybe 2 more that were close to that good of a deal in the 10 months since I bought mine.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Through some miracle, I actually washed the car today!! 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlcFHXGBJvL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Japan is in the middle of the never-ending heat wave we call summer at the moment...pretty days, but hard to motivate yourself to get out of the house hahaha.  Hoping to get the new steering wheel installed soon, now that I have a boss kit and all the tools.  Stay tuned!!

Edited by JPDDEP
  • 3 weeks later...

Completed my first actual "required wrenching" mod to the car yesterday!!  And...it's...ICE?  What has become of me hahaha   Anyway, 3,700 yen OEM-replacement Kenwoods from Amazon.  Piece of cake once I figured out which wires were pos/neg.  I was hoping for a bit more dramatic improvement in sound quality, but hey, at least shotgun gets a working speaker now.  Roadtripping to the beach on Friday, expect new pics!

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Nanglebadger said:

New steering wheel and speakers look good bud!

Also, please share some JDM beach pics!

Words fail to describe my level of disappointment at not knowing there was a like-minded EP fan living in Tokyo when I visited last year for a few days 8o

Phil.

Ask and ye shall receive!

Pulled up at Umihotaru PA on the way out of Tokyo.  One of my favorite places; big parking area on an artificial island in the middle of Tokyo Bay where the highway tunnel that goes under the bay comes out of the water.  Great views.

Image may contain: car, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

And the EP at the beach!  Unfortunately you also get a really nice shot at the big chip in the paint just above the grill...gotta get a touch-up pen for that...

Image may contain: car, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: ocean, sky, cloud, beach, outdoor, nature and water

Thanks for the kind words, by the way!  As for last year, if it makes you feel any less bad, I only had the car since the end of July '17, so maybe the timing would have made it not matter anyway :p

oooofffffft, I spotted Umihotaru from the plane when leaving, would have loved to get to Daikoku and/or Umihotaru but sadly wasnt to be.

And i was there in September in 2017, so that makes me feel no better at all!!! :cray:lol

Thanks for the pics bud, its nice to see pics from areas we're familiar with from the JDM blogs but from an EP-owner's camera perspective!

And I wouldnt worry about the paint chip, we all have them!! lol!

Keep the updates (and pics) coming!

Phil.

23 hours ago, Nanglebadger said:

oooofffffft, I spotted Umihotaru from the plane when leaving, would have loved to get to Daikoku and/or Umihotaru but sadly wasnt to be.

And i was there in September in 2017, so that makes me feel no better at all!!! :cray:lol

Thanks for the pics bud, its nice to see pics from areas we're familiar with from the JDM blogs but from an EP-owner's camera perspective!

And I wouldnt worry about the paint chip, we all have them!! lol!

Keep the updates (and pics) coming!

Phil.

Ahhhh, too bad.  Next time drop me a line! XD

Glad to be of service.  Gonna try to keep putting pics up everytime I take the EP out somewhere.  To be honest, I like that the paint on mine shines up ok, but is not actually that good up close haha.  Keep me from worrying about chips and actually driving it.  Just trying to keep the car as 98% rust free as it is right now.

17 hours ago, rob_bower said:

Looks stunning.

Thanks very much!  Hoping to slowly start moving it towards more of an "OEM+" style...whenever I start making a bit more $$$ :cray:

• 4 months later...

Happy New Year everyone!  Sorry for the long absence, work suddenly exploded a bit...  But it's gonna be a good year for the car!  Got some money set aside and a Blitz intake and set of RSR lowering springs on the way.  And even better...I made it out to the Speedhunters New Years' Gathering at Daikoku PA on 1/3 and managed to sneak into the background of a shot!! XD

daikoku_pa_new_year_19_dino_dalle_carbonare_29

Anyway, I'll be putting up some pics of my own both from some December roadtrips as well as the Daikoku event, so stay tuned!  2019 is gonna be fun!

10 hours ago, SpoonalTap said:

I don't know if it's just me but I can't see any of your pics except the one pic from your last post. If they're broken links, any chance of fixing them?

I know, I noticed the same thing recently...I'm going to try to reupload them all with a new source.  Apologies on that.

3 hours ago, Calum122 said:

Looking mega.

Is that a Mercedes you're parked next to?

Thanks very much!  That is in fact a WGNC34 Nissan Stagea, I believe that one was actually an RS-Four - imagine an R33 Skyline GT-R gearbox and AWD bolted to an RB25DET.

I spotted this on Speedhunters yesterday and messaged Joel to see if it was you lol!

If you're very eagle eyed in the early pics on that story, you'll see the drivers side and rear end actually pop up in 2 other pictures - the early pictures with the R34 Skylines! :thumbsup:

It looked like a hell of a meet!!!!!!!

Phil.

11 hours ago, Calum122 said:

Stagea was my next guess.

Sweet looking motors never the less!

Anytime I go to Daikoku, I definitely feel how unmodified my EP still is hahaha  I'm hoping to having it looking a little less standard for the annual unofficial Starlet Owner's Meeting on 9/1.

10 hours ago, Nanglebadger said:

I spotted this on Speedhunters yesterday and messaged Joel to see if it was you lol!

If you're very eagle eyed in the early pics on that story, you'll see the drivers side and rear end actually pop up in 2 other pictures - the early pictures with the R34 Skylines! :thumbsup:

It looked like a hell of a meet!!!!!!!

Phil.

Yeah!  I was super excited to see that one of my taillights slipped in behind that blue 34, then it turned out I ended up in a full shot and I was a little shocked.  It was probably the best single meeting at Daikoku that even I have ever been to.  Fortunately, the Speedhunters guys have much better cameras than the 10 year old DSLR I've quietly "borrowed" from my wife :D

On 1/9/2019 at 12:39 PM, Calum122 said:

Stagea was my next guess.

Sweet looking motors never the less!

Boy here has a silver one with full R34 running gear/engine f***ing animal of a car 600ish HP area 

As promised, new pictures!  The wife and I took a trip out to Gunma back in late December to visit some friends; sadly did not get a chance to make any Initial D-related pilgrimages this time around, but did get a pretty great shot of the car with Mt. Fuji in the background.  And then 3 shots from the Speedhunters' New Year's Gathering...mostly from when I got to Daikoku at 6:45 AM and was freezing my hands off.  Pork buns do wonders for your circulation early in the morning :p

And thanks to some side work, I've got some cash in the bank and some parts on the way, so stay tuned for the proper modding to start!

GunmaTrip2.jpg

SpeedhuntersM3.jpg

SpeedhuntersM2.jpg

SpeedhuntersM1.jpg