Anyone else had a play on it?

Wasnt expecting much from it in all honesty as the last couple of GT's have been blown away by the likes of project cars and forza, but i was pleasantly surprised. Cars actually sound like cars, they have a really good feel and handling physics which plays well on controller (unlike PC that felt it needed a wheel)

Having the museum and history for each manufacture is a nice touch and feels like a good throw back to gt1 and 2 aswell.

Lost what some of GT was about with the lack of cars and minimalist single player campaign but its aiming for an FIA approved online race series so i guess its easier to balance less cars, however if its pathing the way for the next full fat GT its a damn good start. (Cue the 5 year wait)  lol

I bought a PS4 just for this game. But after a solid 2 years and nothing I gave up.

I have loved all of the GT's because of their attention to detail, best experienced on a Pedal and Wheel setup, the GT series never disappoints. Can't say sound has ever been an issue for myself.

Sold my PS4 now though, but I wouldn't expect anything less than exceptional from this game. For me, it was the campaign modes that made the series, not hardcore enough to really enjoy Project Cars.

The sound in the GT series has always been dreadful. Its not the be all and endall but it really was lacking especially when the likes of forza came along and changing exhaust changed the sound of the cars. 

I wouldn't go out an buy a ps4 for it but im glad it actually delivers in the driving department as it lacks in the classic GT car list and tuning area.

I tried PC and would say the same, i found it almost unplayable on a controller. It felt designed for the wheel converted to controller where as GT is the opposite. They've even added motion steering using the accelerometers in the controllers which im yet to try but its supposed to be pretty good. 

So if you haven't played GT on a wheel, then I would say you are in for a surprise.

When GT5 came out, I was initially somewhat disappointed. It wasn't until a year or so later when a friend lent me his steering wheel

Wow the whole game comes alive with a wheel, I find it impossible to play racing games these days without a wheel.

Like I was gob smacked how realistic GT is on a wheel.

Picture this:

Amuse Honda S2000, flat out down the start line on Grand Valley Speedway, you're in seventh gear and you're left foot braking into the hairpin, I was using a G27 at the time, and I short shift from 7th to 3rd, but didn't RPM match, the engine couldn't handle the compression, locks up the rear wheels and spins you off the track!

Literally AMAZING! I brings such a fantastic element to the game. Also, in GT, you have to feather the clutch off the line else you stall the engine lol.

Properly immersive experience.

That does sound pretty epic but im just far to casual a gamer to warrent a wheel. There hasn't been a racing game for ps4 thats blown me away so im not going to get a wheel for it lol. Im not sure if im even going toget the game yet!

I imagine this will also put a huge divide on the online community as the players with wheels will have a massive advantage but hopefully they will separate them out.

Yeah I am a massive GT fan  so a wheel is just essential.

The point I was trying to make, GT doesn't really come into its element until you have that wheel. Every car felt different.

This is why sound doesn't matter, because they spent their time and effort making the game sensational in other areas. As said, the game felt underwhelming, when on a controller. But it really comes into its own on the wheel.

The problem with the wheel is, it's such a faff getting it up and out that you end up just either leaving it out all the time, or always in its box. Either way, unless you have the space, it isn't brilliant.