Could be a couple of things really could be that the Stepper that holds the sandwich plate down has vibrated loose, or the two mating surfaces weren't perfectly level and clean. II it definitely Comin out in between the plate, because Crossland filters are absolutely garbage 

3 hours ago, maddox710 said:

Could be a couple of things really could be that the Stepper that holds the sandwich plate down has vibrated loose, or the two mating surfaces weren't perfectly level and clean. II it definitely Comin out in between the plate, because Crossland filters are absolutely garbage 

I've had problems with loads of bolts coming loose , the filter it's self is loose now that I just checked I can twist it round with my hand  It looks like the filter coming loose has caused the ring to burst ? I haven't had it off yet so don't know if it has a gasket on it , what filter do u reccomend using next ?thnx for the feedback 

Looks like a mocal thermostat sandwich plate. They have a large flat rubber seal rather than an o-ring. Looks as though it hasn't been tightened enough and oil has got under the seal and forced its way out. I would recommend using either a genuine toyota oil filter or any of these, hks, power enterprise, blitz, greddy.

I remember from back in the days I did a product training course on oil filters and I remember clearly Crossland filters popping up, most good quality oil filters have pressure relief valve built into them and these don't and are poorly put together. That may have caused excess oil pressures push the oring off 

1 hour ago, maddox710 said:

I remember from back in the days I did a product training course on oil filters and I remember clearly Crossland filters popping up, most good quality oil filters have pressure relief valve built into them and these don't and are poorly put together. That may have caused excess oil pressures push the oring off 

I use Crossland filter :sad: On the beast lol.