Hillclimb / Sprint Glanza build

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, RobSR said:

When is the target to have it running and tuned? 

Hopefully January 

A lot to come together before then , engine is getting machined just now . But waiting for new guides for head hopefully this week

2 hours ago, Mike84 said:

Hopefully January 

A lot to come together before then , engine is getting machined just now . But waiting for new guides for head hopefully this week

Sounds good. What is your plan for controlling the supercharger? Fixed boost based on pulley size, or will you be adding a bypass to regulate boost to your desired target?

2 hours ago, RobSR said:

Sounds good. What is your plan for controlling the supercharger? Fixed boost based on pulley size, or will you be adding a bypass to regulate boost to your desired target?

Cheers

The charger pulleys are sized to spin the charger just below it's maximum input speed at rev limit. Then there is an external 44mm wastegate welded to intercooler hot side , which I'm hoping to use to bleed off boost to desired level . Along with the possibility of boost by gear . Well that's the plan 😁

34 minutes ago, Mike84 said:

Cheers

The charger pulleys are sized to spin the charger just below it's maximum input speed at rev limit. Then there is an external 44mm wastegate welded to intercooler hot side , which I'm hoping to use to bleed off boost to desired level . Along with the possibility of boost by gear . Well that's the plan 😁

Yup that’s a good way of doing it, I was assuming you’d be doing something along the lines of that :) 

• 2 weeks later...

A bit more progress involving the machining of a new crank pulley , I decided to use a oe Toyota single rib crank pulley 13470-11030 as i have no power steering . Also this crank pulley has a 4 bolt fitting allowing me to utilise these for a custom pulley.

Luckily I have good friends that own a machine shop . Who made a new crank pulley to my diameter after working out the size using a 95mm supercharger pulley. This should spin the charger at just below max input speed @ 7500rpm limit.

There will be some cut outs machined into pulley at a later date before balancing 

IMG_20191008_235837_688.jpg

IMG_20191008_235837_682.jpg

20191008_181513.jpg

More goodies arrived , engine is currently having crank assembly balanced . Also block has been bored to match pistons and surfaced. Head is currently with Liam at Lc_porting working his magic , who will also be doing porting of the inlet manifold.

20191030_185219.jpg

20191106_190025.jpg

16 hours ago, Mike84 said:

More goodies arrived , engine is currently having crank assembly balanced . Also block has been bored to match pistons and surfaced. Head is currently with Liam at Lc_porting working his magic , who will also be doing porting of the inlet manifold.

Im having liam porting my head in a few weeks as well haha cant wait, let me know how you get on! nice build

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Calum122 said:

Will that pulley fit in the engine bay?

I had a pulley from an AE86 (was mis-sold it from Fensport) and it was a few mm bigger than stock. Consequently, it did not fit in the engine bay.

Looking sweet though.

Cheers

Its tight pulley just fits already trial fitted it bit will need to either make it a rib less to allow for movement or relieve chassis leg slightly

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Updates been pretty lacking but I have been working slowly but surely in the back ground.

Somewhat snowballing with new intercooler and radiator setup aswell now🙄

Mainly to try to save weight and make it easier to repair if the inevitable ever happens

Anyhow some overdue picture hoaring