Hillclimb / Sprint Glanza build

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some pics of how the supercharger mounting fits along with the tensioner 

Pretty tight but it all fits , took abit of sussing out but hopefully it all works. Decided to use a landrover belt tensioner along with a slotted hole where it mounts. Which will hopefully allow me to keep the tension correct once the belts stretch / wear

20200610_180713.jpg

20200610_181211.jpg

20200610_180811.jpg

20200610_180931.jpg

20200610_180831.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased a new forge 44mm external wastegate for a bargain price , that should hopefully do for bleeding off boost. So boost pressures can be controlled via ecu😁

Kind of found a space on inlet I can mount it as wasnt keen mounting it on boost pipes. As it weighs a ton , but this lead to having to now make a remote reservoir for brakes. To give clearance for wastegate🤦‍♂️

20200720_183850.jpg

20200720_183904.jpg

20200814_180739.jpg

BMW intercooler mounted 

After lots of thinking , managed to get it fitted with as short a route on hotside as possible.

This was mounted on thin wall tube and hung off rubber bobings. 

Then a lick of black to stealth it up 

20200807_140933.jpg

20200807_140940.jpg

20200807_151007.jpg

20200807_151017.jpg

I know its the first time I've commented on your thread but I don't want you to go to all this effort and time/money.......Are you sure you want the wastegate that side of the throttle body? I see something going wrong there.

2 hours ago, lukEp said:

I know its the first time I've commented on your thread but I don't want you to go to all this effort and time/money.......Are you sure you want the wastegate that side of the throttle body? I see something going wrong there.

I'm not sure to be honest 

I see what your saying but I'm hoping it works the same as I'm basically only using it to introduce a controlled boost leak . So to be able to control what boost I'm wanting to run.

There will be a dump valve other side of throttle body to bypass at idle

Kind of makes sense to me I think lol

I'm thinking more idle and deceleration the vacuum created in the manifold can be upto -1bar I've seen mine at 0.8bar that could possibly suck the valve open causing a juddering effect when decelerating as the valve opens and closes with the vacuum increasing and decreasing. Its only in theory as I've never seen it done before suppose there is only one way to find out. I hope it works. 

• 3 weeks later...

What rad is that? Looks like it's dual core? I'm currently running a triple core civic half rad and looking for more cooling. That's a lovely setup you got going on. Everything seems simple and well done. 

You going to run a thermostatic plate for the oil cooler?

4 hours ago, mycars12 said:

What rad is that? Looks like it's dual core? I'm currently running a triple core civic half rad and looking for more cooling. That's a lovely setup you got going on. Everything seems simple and well done. 

You going to run a thermostatic plate for the oil cooler?

Thanks

It's pretty random to be honest , it's a 1.2 seat ibiza radiator setup . I would have a part number somewhere if needed.

The oil cooler is actually for the supercharger oil system and doesn't need a thermostatic plate

18 hours ago, Mike84 said:

Thanks

It's pretty random to be honest , it's a 1.2 seat ibiza radiator setup . I would have a part number somewhere if needed.

The oil cooler is actually for the supercharger oil system and doesn't need a thermostatic plate

Oh no worries. I was just curious since it's a nicely sized radiator. We don't really got parts for that car here in the states. 

Reason I asked is because you don't want the oil cooler to be working before the oil warms up. Especially on cooler days it might never get up to operating temp but that's just my 2 cents bro. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 4:54 PM, Sam44 said:

Really nice and neat quality work. 

How much are the cams costing and ho are doing them?. Please 

I'm building a 5e on a gt17 Garrett but I might go SPRINTEX on it and need some higher rpm powered cams. 

Cheers

I would need to check price of cams , not cheap went for Ivan Tighe cams.

254 duration basically almost the  same as 5efhe just slightly more lift and duration.

On 10/29/2020 at 4:43 PM, jellybaby said:

great build and gave me some ideas on how to mount my custom intercooler and rad by doing something like ya self etc if ya dont mind pm me where ya got the items from please if thats ok ? 

Cheers

Ah nice give me a msg if you still need info  

13 hours ago, Mike84 said:

Cheers

I would need to check price of cams , not cheap went for Ivan Tighe cams.

254 duration basically almost the  same as 5efhe just slightly more lift and duration.

could you message me the specs (duration and lift on both cams) if thy come case hardened. if possible. I might want a few sets. so we could see if a discount is possible. thanks for your reply and help. ive not managed to find any specs on the 5ehfe units and it would save me time. 

Edited by Sam44
On 9/23/2020 at 6:58 AM, Mike84 said:

Purchased a new forge 44mm external wastegate for a bargain price , that should hopefully do for bleeding off boost. So boost pressures can be controlled via ecu😁

Kind of found a space on inlet I can mount it as wasnt keen mounting it on boost pipes. As it weighs a ton , but this lead to having to now make a remote reservoir for brakes. To give clearance for wastegate🤦‍♂️

20200720_183850.jpg

20200720_183904.jpg

20200814_180739.jpg

You mean blowoff valve, a wastegate goes on the exhaust side

On 11/3/2020 at 10:42 PM, ChaseWheatley said:

You mean blowoff valve, a wastegate goes on the exhaust side

It's a wastegate but I'm mounting it on the inlet instead of exhaust .

To bleed off boost instead of exhaust gases if that makes sense