So... had a 96 Spec Silver Glanza in my hands for over a year or so now, picked it up cheap enough as a 'project' which needed its body work seriously sorted. After a couple of months the bottom end went, and i was determined to give it a fresh overhaul rather then stick another ragged engine into it. Invested in a complete gasket set, bearings, belts, pumps and got the crank reground and fitted back together over a lengthy period of time (didn't go forged as i didn't have the full funds to throw at it at the time). 400 miles,  in and a few quid down the bottom end developed a very slight knock, so I took it back off the road and decided this time no corners will be cut + i don't want to see another going to the scrap) The process is already under way to get it ready for summer! pics to follow.. 

I will post the spec of it when i get a minute. 

Shame about the bottom end going again think you need to investigate why that's happened before you go about rebuilding again. Glad your saving it way to many decent starlet being broken for parts purely for financial gain. Will be keeping any eye on what you do with this one. 

cheers nick  

• 4 weeks later...

So, it is now underway!  this is the bodywork as i received the car, horrible lacquer peel, scuff and stone chips! 

had pin dents all down the side and one of the rear arches had started to come through:sad: easy enough to say when it looks like this and the bottom end goes, then it is far easier and more cost efficient just to scrap it.

I had a look underneath and it is really clean as well as the interior which gave me some hope! so i have decided to rescue it and make it how i want it for years to come:D I took a couple of pictures before it got sent off to the body shop, attached below! 

Optimized-20180128_113839.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Calum122 said:

What? That's looking really smart. I thought you said it was a scrapper?

sorry bud, forgot to mention the 2nd pic is after i got it a full respray! was too busy trying to figure out how to upload pictures:sad:  the first one of the bonnet is before hand, aswell as loads of small dents etc, 2nd one is the bodywork all sorted now! I should get round to putting a couple more things on here now i have it sussed! cheers