250 hp id asume your looking at foged build. ? 

Wossner 74.5mm Low Compression Piston Kit with Rings and Pins
Scat 4EFTE Forged Conrod Kit with ARP Rod Bolts
Genuine Toyota Headgasket
Genuine Toyota Full Gasket Kit
Genuine Toyota Oil Pump Kit
OEM Water Pump Kit
OEM Cambelt Kit inc Idler & Tensioner
OEM Headbolt Kit & New Washers
ACL Main Bearing Kit
ACL Big End Bearing Kit
ACL Thrust Washer Kit

along with the machine shop costs ect ect  much easier to send your engine away to be done by a garage. http://www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=502_520_589&products_id=791

cheers nick.

Max would be 250 but ima not out to chase the power just to keep her on the road for a good few more years still, jus trying to find out what is needed as I've seen the stage one upgrades for sale online and thanks for the list, would never plan on doing it myself, want her on the road lol nice one nick.

carl

• 2 weeks later...

Is that £500ish including OE pistons and rings? I'm at the same fork in the road right now and Toyota want close to £500 just for a set of pistons and rings, nevermind anything else! 

Depending on mileage pistons should still be in spec unless you've cracked an ringland.

Bearings , Rings, Gasket set, Oil pump, Water pump, Belt and tensioners will end up being £500 if you're looking to shop around.

Then a engine hone and head skim will be additional and you will most likely find things that need replacing when its apart such as service items, engine mounts,pipes, leads etc

It depends how thorough you will be but I think it can be around 700-800   

I managed to spend about 1400 when I did mine as I had to replace my radiator, ignition leads, turbo gaskets, valve guides, fluids, cleaning stuff, filters, miscellaneous new nuts and bolts seals which aren't included in the engine set. Then tools aswell engine stand, piston ring compressor, valve spring compressor, borrow a engine hoist.

If you've done similar work before and a lot of consumables are to hand its obviously much cheaper, I don't mean to discourage you but with many thing its easy for it to snowball.

Edited by 00joeindastarb0

No need for discouragement apologies, I know how cars can be.

Yeah I did a ringland on my piston (no.3 as always), have my own unit/ramps/tools and everything is good in terms of gaskets, leads, turbo. etc as it wasn't rebuilt that long ago. I just acquired a good set of pistons from a guy off here last time I rebuilt but obviously 1 bar of boost without management really fucked everything up within a year.

I want to forge ideally (seen a set of pistons and scat rods and the block can easily be dropped out for notching and reboring.) however the cost my engiiner has quoted me to do everything comes to roughly around £450, plus the parts.

I'm only running roughly 200bhp however the cost of 4 new pistons from Toyota plus the skim, gaskets, etc almost comes to £1000, so i figure realistically for the extra wong on parts I can forge and make plans to map later, and do the rest of the work in my unit to save myself money.

Sorry to hijack thread, gotta love Glanza woes...

Edited by elikhan

600 or there abouts it is extra for decent rods and pistons. 

Speedvision rods are 200 on ebay, and are actually very good, despite the fact theyre from Shenzen province.

Then keep an aye out for pistons, got my Wiseco flat tops brand new from a dude in Texas for 400 shipped.